Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

22 inch wheels/NEED HELP!

4K views 28 replies 3 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 ·
So I have a 2001 F-250 2wd diesel and I just ordered a 3/5 DJM lowering kit. Now its on to the wheels. I found 2 sets of 22s that I like but im not sure on the backspacing and offset deal. I want them to sit flat with the fender. Don't want them sticking out or tucked inside the fender wheel. I want them pretty close to even with the fender. Both wheels I found are the Incubus Nemesis and the Panther Juice. They both are 22x9.5, +10 offset and 5.64 backspace. Im going to run a 305/40/22. Any help from wheel guys would be much appreciated. I want to order these tonight so when I get done with the lowering kit I can mount em up and start cruising. Thanks in advance! :psn:

#3 ·
yea I saw yours on your other thread. Thats one of the reasons I added them to my list! LOL. I couldnt tell really how they sit in your wheel well. Are the pretty flush to the fender? Where did you buy yours from and how much if you dont mind me asking?

#8 ·
I got mine on ebay from custom wheel outlet for 950.00. They were at my house in 2 days! Hey Dzchey....mine were the same deal. They said 22x9 with +10 online but when they arrived they +25 on the box! My truck is still in the transmission shop so I cant put them on to see if they are flush in the wheelwell. :doh: Its killin me! Now the company I ordered my lowering kit from said that they are out of the kit. They went to DJM Friday and never got back to me! This is BS!

#10 ·
Those look great on your truck! What will the spacers do? Push em out more? Did you put them on yours? Heck Im still tryin to find lug nuts! LOL

#13 ·
You have an older truck right? 99-04 trucks are narrower than 05-up thats why you will need the spacer

Also what tire di you go with? Size?
305/45/22 Toyo proxes ST
What's he need a wheel spacer for? Ordered some 285/55 Terra grapplers for mine, just need to order wheel.
You wont need a spacer

#16 ·
Custon Wheel Outlet has several sets. Im going to run a 305/40/22 but Im still deciding on which brand tire. My DJM kit got delayed so I ordered from a different company that had one in hand so I guess Ill have to wait a week or so :mad:

#26 ·
I f I dont like how mine sit you can buy mine! They are +25! LOL I just sent CWO and email letting them know what happened. I found spacers that would make it +10 but they are like 90 bucks. I aint payin that after I just spent a grand for the wheels so we'll see what happens.

#28 ·
Finally got my truck out of the tranny shop today! I slid a rim on and I think it looks dam good! Small problem tho....the hub centric part isnt right. The center hole on the rim is slightly bigger then the part of the hub that its supposed to sit on. I read on some other threads that its not that big of a deal but I need confirmation on that lol I will be using lug nuts that are coned to help center the studs. Another question...what size lug does my truck require? 01 f-250 2wd. Also, when I put the rim on....there is about an inch and 1/8 from the mounting surface of the lugnut that sticks out. Didnt know how long of a lug nut I should get? Thanx a bunch guys!

#29 ·
most aftermarket wheels are not hub centric, they become lug centric, i have never had an aftermarket wheel that is hub centric nore do i know anyone that runs them

You should be fine, i have see people pull really big trailers with aftermarket wheels with no problems i would just thing that lug torque becomes a little more important so you get the correct clamping force on the wheel so it doesnt want to try and sheer the studs off, but pretty much as long as they are tight you should be good

As far as lug nuts pretty much ever long lug nut i have ever got works fine, my truck has gorrilla nuts on it now that are the splined type, not sure how long they are but they work fine and clamp the wheel tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.