Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

how 2 remove tow hooks and mirror light covers

9K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  STRAIGHTSTROKEN04 
#1 ·
Like it says guts didn't want to do two different threads so figured I would ask both at one time. So I have a 04 superduty the one row hook is starting to rust want to take off and put on new ones. Any help on how they come apart would be great. I also want to smoke my mirror light covers but do not know how they come off and don't want to break them. So any help with that would be great to. Thanks for any input or help.

#6 ·
easiest to pull the front bumper off, if your truck is a leaf spring truck you won't be able to get the third bolt out from the bottom on the tow hooks...at least in my experience!

#17 ·
I was going to say If you don't want chrome hooks then don't pull them off. Sand them down a little, tap off all around yr bumper and paint them. Be done with it, my truck didn't come with tow hook but I pulled some from a salvage yard they were starting to rust a little and I just
painted them before I installed them

#20 ·
Yea i think it would be a lot easier to take them off and do it that way. But will see im still trying to get the mirror lights off with out breaking the clip. Its the top clip that you push down right ? I push it just doesnt seemto doany thing.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.