Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

American Luxury Cars

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Coltaine 
#1 ·
Are we about to see the end of the American luxury cars? I am pushing 40 yrs old. My generation doesnt seem to be too interested in the AM luxury cars. When my generation buys luxury cars they seem to be buying Lexus, Infinity or Acura. As well as the German varieties also. Is there enough interest in the Buicks , Crown Vics , Grand Marquis , Lincolns or even the Chevy's to continue their production? There seems to be a certain race of people interested in keeping the Cadilac name alive , but , none of the others. Will the next 15 yrs bring around the demise of these luxury rides?

#4 ·
I thought Lexus was American?

#5 ·
IMO, American luxury cars suck, and so do the Japanese ones. They are all playing catch-up to Audi, BMW, and Benz...

Built by Toyota, I consider it Japanese.

#9 ·
Unfortunatly alot of Americans have gone to luxtury trucks insted of cars. Notice how they get fancyer and fancyer every year. As well as the price getting bigger and bigger.

#10 ·
Tell me about it. I actually use my truck for work, not carrying a breifcase and maybe on sunday pulling a fishing boat that could be pulled by a ranger. My 04' F-350 CC PSD dually stickered at $50k with just about every option. I'm ready for a new one, I just priced an 11' out equiped just like mine and it was $63k. I know it's only $13k more and for 7 yrs that is less than $2k a year which isn't that much, but come on $60+k for a truck? I want to go back to the days when trucks were actually used for trucks and you could get a loaded CC Dually for $30k

#15 ·
Here's my favorite Luxury car...The Good ol Mercedes Turbo diesels.

30+ MPG...Almost no maintenence, smooth, sunroof...

#16 ·
That Mercedes looks like a Vette:poke:

#19 ·
American luxury car--Cadilac CTS-V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.