Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Clutch Packs For LSD?

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  White_monster 
#1 ·
Where would I buy these and does anyone know of a good How-To?

#4 ·
When I was looking around for my detroit TT, a lot of the companies sold clutch packs. Randy's ring and pinion was one of the sites. Sure you don't want to upgrade to a TT?

#8 ·
The marks on the diff are normal?

There's defiantely a clutch issue... Just hoping it clears up with a fluid change. I was messing around with my little bro and wife this weekend and did a burnout and some drifting... Since then, the diff has felt basically locked. It shudders around corners and binds a little.

#10 ·
That thing would be making some serious noises I would think if the pinion was protruding out that far. Couldve been a issue that was fixed by a previous owner. Not sure if you had the truck since new.

How is the mesh pattern on the ring gear? Is it really close to the inside or seem pretty centered?

#11 ·
If it grazes it under load it might not make enough noise to hear in the cab over the engine. Like you say it could've been from a previous issue as well but it def looks like pinion marks to me, but again hard to be positive without seeing it firsthand.

#12 ·
I'm hoping it's a non-issue. It's only in that spot and maybe one other, so I don't think it's a huge issue. No noise from the rear, I'm wondering if it was maybe just a single incident of some heavy pinion deflection that caused it.

The oil change seems to have fixed the clutch packs for now. Hopefully they stay good for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.