Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

modified front bumpers??

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  chris 0. 
#1 ·
I have been searching for a bit. I know there are a couple trucks that have put what looks like a 4 or 5 inch fog light next to the factory fog lights. I have questions for you guys. I'm looking at doing a front end update to my truck, and really like the look of the round fog lights in the bumper. I'm going to ditch the factory lights, and mod the bumper some while I'm going to be cutting and welding on it.

#3 ·
Unbroken started that. Ask him

#8 ·
This is your second one?? The first one had the stock fogs also? I looked threw some of ur pictures, and saw you moved the bumper in... about a half an inch or so?? I like that, its a nice low key mod.

#9 ·
My first one didn't have stock fogs either. I had the big lights frenched into the outer lower corners of the bumper. These are more than enough extra light for me.
I did tuck the front bumper 1 1/2"....it really cleans up the lines on an 05-07 front end.

#14 ·
Any thoughts on it being a benefit on mounting them out further..like closer to the side of the truck instead of closer to the center??
I think taken the length off the front end so the bumper sits back further is a must.. it really looks slick.
Thank you both for your help guys? Any tips or tricks to doing the lights guys?

#15 ·
No real tips.....just some cutting, welding and grinding. Then smooth it all out and prep for paint. Be sure to seal up the inside of the bumper nicely to keep it from rusting through at the welds.

I run the PIAA 520 ion fog lights so no real benefit if they were close to each other like Rich has his now. The fogs have a real wide beam pattern, so the wider you can mount them the better spread you will have, IMO. On a regular two lane road mine will light up further than ditch to ditch.

#16 ·
My understading was you cant do that "bumper tuck" mod with leaf springs... Is this true?

BOTTOMS UP!
Chris 0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.