Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anybody herd?

5K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  07outlawpowerstroke 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone has herd when sct will be able to work with fords new flash?? Got a letter i'n mail from ford saying I need to make app to come i'n an have it done...

#3 ·
My brother in law just got one today and was reading it, seemed like it was just some kind of flash for 2008 year truck's letting you know sooner when something is wrong with your truck.

#7 ·
Gonna read it again, but I'm pretty sure it said something about monitoring coolant temps ect.. And if I didn't update it could possibly void my warranty if I have problems.. Dont quote me, I just have a$$ looked at it..

#8 ·
It also said that Ford "Can deny coverage for any vehicle damage that may result from the failure to have this service action performed on a timely basis". For those of us that can go back to stock and have a fuel system go out or a rod blow out the side,it looks like we don't have a choice.Going to call KEM and Spartan tomorrow..
2 posts while I was typing,man you gotta be fast!!!

#10 ·
Well,if I was as far out of any warrenty as you are I wouldn't either!!If it will work with the tuners it may not be a bad choice for some of us..I know what your saying thou,don't let them do anything to mine just wondering if I should on this one..:confused::confused::confused:

#28 ·
i think its that thing they sell you on to buy the truck. then you can come in when something happens, and tell you that there was water in your fuel and tell you to stick your truck up your a$$LOL

#21 ·
I think everyone is too scared to try! LOL

#23 ·
i really think the whole purpose of the reflash was to help save engines before they have big injector failures that take complete engines out, seams to me like they are tired of getting burned on warranty so they want to do anything to save some money on them, these things are expensive to fix

I doubt it has anything to do with tuners to be honest, ford doesnt care that much.

#25 ·
I don't think I asked my question correctly. I was just wondering if whatever function that ford is performing could be done through the various tuning platforms?

Basically, could Kem, Spartan, Whoever tunes with SCT flash the computer in the same fashion and fix it themselves? Do the tuning platforms have that much control over the ECM or is that not possible at the aftermarket level?

#26 ·
I would've tried to reprogram but SCT was locked sicne Ford did it while my truck was programmed. I'm waiting on SCT and Eric and hating my truck every second.

Plus the freaking CEL won't quit coming on from EGR being slow to respond. Prob full of soot I guess.

I just want it to run like it did before I went in to get a/c fixed...

#37 ·
i bought the sct touch about three weeks ago and my 08 truck hasnt arived yet but it did get flashed about 4 weeks ago at ford and i knew this when ordering so i mentioned it to the gelteleman and he said our tunes work with every flash....
Maybe he doesnt know about the new one? I tell ya im gonna be pissed if i try to tune it and it dont work because he fed me a line.
I emailed inovative 2 weeks ago about this and never got a reply.
What should i do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.