Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1st Graduation gift to myself... New shoes!

6K views 63 replies 16 participants last post by  4eyedconekiller 
#1 ·
Thanks, UNBROKEN.. They look awesome on the truck! A drop, some bodywork, and a painted rear bumper should put it pretty close to done for now.

Since you guys have seen the truck, I've put different pinstripes on the truck, painted the mirror posts and a quick cleanup:

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! The pinstripe underneath the new ones is painted on, and I havent had time to get them off, but I I'm afraid it would be a little too much white without them. I was also told that the fender badge had holes behind it, which is the only reason I left it on to start with. Am I wrong? Which fender badge are you talking about?

#5 ·
Thanks! I think it looks pretty unique, and will look MUCH better after a drop. That $800 price tag on the drop kit is pretty daunting, especially when the truck still has a 15* HPOP and the stock piddly e99 injectors... I'm prolly going to just pull the block and go from there.

79-80 views and only a couple replies solidifies my thoughts on the love/hate thing, lol. Some folks love it, but plenty HATE it too...

#10 ·
I like it Mike, definitely with the pinstripe, but I am not a fan of one solid block of color. Its just enough to break it up and give some contrast to it. But I agree on dropping that fender badge

With the drop in the back it should have a real nice stance to it :ford:

#13 ·
You noticed I said for now, right? :poke:
-This'll be just a hold-over for now... the next steos are gonna be kind of pricy, so I'm gonna take my time with em.

Jap, prolly gonna keep the door handles black... I open the doors too often with dirty hands to put white ones on it right now, lol.

I'll prolly try and pull the fender badges this week. REALLY wanna find some 05+ F350 badges that I can custom paint, but thats proving to be cost - prohibitive at the moment :(

-Michael

#14 ·
Nice truck bro....I agree w/ debadging, keep the pinstripes, I'd color match the mirrors....no doubt. I know all about the tight budget thing, but, fix that damn dent, lol.

#15 ·
Right now, the dent's gonna have to wait... It would take quite a bit of work to get it out, and then a re-spray, which is all out of my time/money budget at the moment.

Once I get graduated, and have a place to do some bodywork, its one of the things I intend to fix asap. I've got some other paint/body damage on the left side to fix, and want to add some pinchweld covers, and an 08+ tailgate all at the same time. Might even add a cowl hood, who knows? I don't like doing body-work piecemeal - I'd much rather get all done at once :D

Bondo dust boogers suck!

-Michael

#16 ·
Mike,

It looks good, I like what you've done with the front end. Definitely lose the V8 badge, also get that dent fixed. To me it sticks out but some prob didn't even notice it. It looks like your on the right track, gotta love the black and white contrast:D

#17 ·
well, the dent is part of the reason that the stripes are staying... it kinda helps keep your eyes up, rather than looking at the dent. Think cleaveage to conceal a lack of cheekage, lol.

I thought about covering it up with a race for the warriors vinyl like another member here has, but its not worth the funds or time to put it on to take it back off later for the bodywork.

fishing line be the best way to remove that V8 badge?

#19 ·
ROFL @ Jap... There's only one of my vehicles that sees that kinda treatment, but AFTER the rain - I don't like gettin wet, lol. Long as capt morgan stays away, I'm cool (inside joke)

Oh, and I just realized that you DID get my hood outta line messing with those adjusters, jackass :ford:

#20 ·
Wow... I think Im going to bite your style on the front end...

Your truck is now the base of what Im going for sir...

Is that a factory 99-04 bumper ?

#21 ·
It's a 99-04 XL bumper that I taped off and had help painting to look like the plastic valences on the xlt's... I'm going to add the flat lower valence to help cover up my trans lines that hang below the rad support. I've got a local guy offering to give me an 05+ front bumper that needs a little work, so I may fix it and throw some paint on it later, and swap it out and see if I like it.

I basically swapped a guy with a toilet pumping truck bumpers and grilles, and painted them the way I wanted. I really want a 99-04 EX grille, so I can put some lights behind it... I've got a less than perfect XL Grille layin around here that I'll probably let go for shipping if you just want it - gonna have to fight Jap for it though, lol.

Go for it - I don't hold any copyright :D

-Michael

#23 ·
Are you serious? Looks like one to me!

If it doesn't meet your qualifications, then I suggest you find another thread to troll.

-Michael

#28 ·
Jap, I bet you would... thanks, dieselboy!

Fordfreak, I just hit them with some duplicolor semi-gloss black after some sanding. Turned iut looking pretty good, but the sheen isn't exactly like the mirror, but I'm sure they've been coated un armor-all or similar, so I didn't wanna fight it not sticking. Will try and get some closer up shots if you'd like.

#30 ·
You're a phucking moron. My lowered truck has logged almost 200,000 miles with many of them towing a 10,000pound trailer cross country.
It's been on jobsites from coast to coast and has done everything any of my other work trucks have.

#32 ·
I'm a moron because I think lowered trucks are a waste?, that seems like an arrogant statement, and it's not like I said everyone has there own preference or anything (looks at previous post). Now take your truck off road and see what happens...

#33 ·
I'm a moron because I think lowered trucks are a waste?, that seems like an arrogant statement, and it's not like I said everyone has there own preference or anything (looks at previous post).
You're a moron because you think you need to come into people's threads and make stupid fking statements. It's one thing to criticize, but it's another to act like a retard 17 year old kid... Which I have no doubt you are.

#35 ·
Meh, piss off, unless you can give me explicit detail on how me lowering my truck would be a waste - to you? to me? to the public at large? Yes, you are a moron, because you cannot back up the opinion you so blatantly typed.

I wanna hear your justification, because there are plenty of lowered trucks who can work just as hard as the jacked-up ones, save that there might be fewer lowered ones. I don't intend to pull houses with my truck, but anything that anyone else could hook behind their 2WD F-350? I'm game, until the truck tells me that it can't. Then its more of an issue with age/mileage than anything else. If you 'll look at my mod list, there are no big power mods... Everything has been installed to help increase the longevity of the truck, and make it a little nicer to drive, because right now I cant afford and engine/tranny rebuild. My 6pos rarely sees much over my tow tune for that specific reason. I've put 25-30k on the truck in the last year, and have had little to no issues with it.

So, we're all waiting on your magnificent intellectual justification of how I'm wasting my truck by lowering it.

EDIT: Jap got to post first... How about this, why don't you take that rudely given opinion, and take it somewhere else, if you can't be civil?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.