Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Building a New Bumper

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  PPE'dPowerStroke 
#1 ·
Hey fellas. Recently, a guy ran a stop sign and I T-boned him. So... $1500 bucks - bang, to my door. :cool:
I really really like the Iron Bull bumpers. I feel fairly confident in my fab skills. I have a plasma torch and a MIG welder. Is there anything you guys would tell me before I start? I don't wanna cut off the stock mounts for the bumper, and I'm not sure about the way it'll mount on. I'd like to be able to take it off fairly easily though. Any advice is welcome, and I'll post plenty of pics!
Thanks. :ford:

#3 ·
'05 Harley truck. I know I can, but I like building stuff, and I figure if I don't like it, I have a bud I can sell it to, or maybe on the forum even. I was thinking to base it off the Defender 6. I'm gonna put the $1500 towards lift and new tires. :D

#5 ·

I know they're not the style but sorta made it easier for me to talk.
K as far as mounting, my truck on the right has the Ranch hand, it mounts on the factory bumper mounts that 90 off of the frame horns, it keeps everything really simply since it uses factory mounts yes, buy those little 1/4" plates stickings off are really not enough to support the weight of the bumper. I am currently in the thought process on what I am going to do about it.
Now the Diamond B bumper on the white truck on the left has to 1/2" plates that stick out perpindicular to the bumper and parallel to the bumper. It slides along the outside of the frame horns and the 6 bolts are all still pretty easy to get to. The factory mounts are left untouched. For the size and weight of these bumpers this is definitely the better approach in my opinion.

#9 ·
heres what your looking for.

3/8 plate for frame mount with a 1/4" backer plate so your sandwiching the frame...1/8" washers are junk

your pull points should be welded right onto this plate so your pulling directly from that

#10 ·
Way to go for a first post!! Welcome and keep us updated on this..

#12 ·
:whs: Or mind building me one? lol :bowfast:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.