Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lots of gunk on turbo what could it be?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jason84 
#1 ·
Well It was like it when I bought it but did not notice it. I bought a 2 year unlimited mile warranty so not to worried about getting it fixed. I brought it over to Perf diesel which is close to my work a tech looked at it quick and said it doesnt look like its mounted right that it was probably serviced and not put together correct cause its a little crooked where one turbo goes into the other. I am guessing it is probably a boost leak but he wasnt 100% familiar with the 6.4 turbos how they looked and mounted in that area. he mostly does 6.0 and 7.3. So I am wondering if anybody knows what might have been wrong with it? and is this a big job? cab off etc?

this is a picture I took right when I bought the truck.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You have an oil leak some where, Could just be a turbo intake seal or a oil line some where. Wipe it clean and drive it a few miles and then see if you can see the starting point.

#5 ·
Kinda hard to tell but after looking at it again I would almost 100 % say your intake plumbing feeding air to the HP turbo is leeaking where it mates to the HP turbo. I'd bet that is oil from the CCV blowing past the seal due to not being fully seated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.