Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

trac bar question

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  OUTLAW101 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone new about how much I would have to extend my trac bar. I have a 2.5" leveling kit. I'm going to add a piece in and sleeve it. I could undo It add get the front end in the middle and measure but didn't know if anyone knew off hand. Thanks mike

#2 ·
It'll vary some from truck to truck but you cOuld do it mathematically via triangle,A^2+B^2=C^2 with A being from the track bar centerbolt at the frame to straight down to the top of the axle horizontal to the trackbar centerbolt, B is the distance from that point on the axle over to the center of the track bar bolt and C is the length of the track bar from centerbolt to centerbolt. So then you put the level kit on it and remeasure A, B will be the same or constant since you want the axle in the same lateral location and then just solve for C.
BUT in all reality if your cutting your track bar just put a heim joint that's adjustable on the frame side!

#3 ·
Oh ya the second C is the length you'll want, C1-C2 will give you your difference. But I think you'll find it's less than an 1"

#4 ·
Yea I was thinking 3/4 of an inch. Thanks a lot man

#5 ·
I would recommend buying an adjustable trackbar. You'll be able to get it exactly where you need it. Plus when you decide to go bigger, you'll still be able to adjust it correctly.

#6 ·
I was thinking that to but I know I'm not going to lift it anymore sooooooo.....but I hear ya

#7 ·
No problem, glad you followed all that!

#8 ·
Who makes a good adjustable track bar? How do you add the heim joint to your existing track bar?

#10 ·
My truck is an 04

#12 ·
wow billet aluminum. Very nice piece. It says in the description for trucks with 3-8" of lift. I'm only at 2". I wonder if a steel unit would be cheaper. Can this be adjusted without an alignment?

#13 ·
i have a DOM trac bar that works perfect. I got it from Caryt

#14 ·
is that a vender here? link?

#15 ·
CTperformance

Send him a PM

#16 ·
just searched the members list none found checked the vender list nothing there either? link?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.