Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Manual transfer case questions

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rpm-inc 
#1 ·
I need a manual transfer case for a 4r100. I have one that is ESOF. Talked to Dan at Midwest Transmissions, and he can sell me the parts to convert for about 300.

But I am wondering if I should just find a manual shift transfer case and sell the one I have. So what transfer cases will work? Gas trucks have the same as the diesels?

#2 ·
I have a 1356 in the garage taking up space if you are interested. I have no idea what it would cost to ship though.

#4 ·
pretty sure transfer case from a gas or diesel rig is the same.....i have a 271 manual t-case from a 5.4 gas 6speed truck bolted up to my zf6 diesel trans. You should be able to get a whole other transfer case for 250-300 just has to be nv271 manual shift from gas or diesel rig with auto trans.

#5 ·
I need a manual transfer case for a 4x4 van conversion. If I use the superduty transfer case I will need a big dollar one piece driveshaft? Does the 1356 have a slip yoke at the output?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.