Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

? about coilovers....

970 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SAK 
#1 ·
so Im wanting ROUGHLY 12-14" of lift and a 4 link( designed and fabricated by my buddies fabrication shop ) I was wondering if these 2.5" coilovers would be alright for the front of my heavy @ss front end?

http://www.trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1624&idcategory=0

the way Im looking at it right now is with the leaf spring suspension Im getting tired of replacing spring bushings and I really want to get my truck looking newer with suspension and all as the body is now an 08....I want to be able to fool everyone lol

Chad

#3 ·
I have 12" in the rear, 10" in the front and it is a 8" kit. Depends on the mounting points too though.

#4 ·
Which ones are you using Eric? I'm looking at king 2.5 rezi coilovers, in at least a 16" travel.

Chad

#5 ·
I have 2.5" King coilovers. I think they are 2.5" truck not here so can't check. They have dual springs 12" travel in rear and 10" in the front.

#6 ·
There are many factors that come into play with the amount of travel the coilovers you use to the amount of lift that you gain. Using a 16" travel shock will net you about 20" of lift if not more. To be at the 12-14" lift height you will need a 12" travel coilover.

Now the 2.5" coilover size is not directly relevant to the weight of the truck, that all comes in the sizing of the springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.