99.5 Ford f350 headlight question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke - Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:05 AM
dffdixie
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

99.5 Ford f350 headlight question

Ok guys and gals, i need some help, im thinking about gettin another set of headlights for my truck, as i stated its a 99.5 f350 dulley, and i found a set on ebay that i want and the kit comes with the euro headlights and the bulbs and the two ballast's and etc. I was wanting to know if everything i would need is in this kit or would i have to buy any pigtails harness's and splice into my main harness???? I know nothing about these, but i really do like them, ive included the link to the product an i would be really greatful for advice to know what im gettin into, heres some info on them and the link to look at them is at the bottom.

Thanks everyone

Fits:
00-04 Ford Excursion
99-04 Ford F250
99-04 Ford F350
Completed set included Left and Right Sides Headlights and 35W 10000K 9007 HID Conversion Kit for Low Beam Application with Hyper Blue Light Output
100% Brand New in Original Packaging
Use 9007 light bulbs for Low Beam and 9007 light bulbs for High Beam.
High Quality Headlights made by OEM approved manufacturers with materials that meet strict OEM requirements.
Unique Headlights Style dramatically improve Styling , Appearance & Safety.
Professional Installation is Highly Recommended, No instruction included with the package.
HID kit comes with 2 x 9007 HID light bulbs, 2 x high quality AC ballast, and mounting brackets, zip ties and screws for installation.
If your vehicle has stock HID, please contact us before purchase because extra parts will be needed in order to apply these HID conversion kit to the headlights for stock HID.
Affordable & Excellent merchandise for enhancing style of your vehicle & bring out a totally different look to your car.
We also have Xenon HID headlights in other color temperature, such as 6000K plasma white, 8000K plasma blue, 10000K hyper blue and 12000K violet purple, visit Eagle Motorsport eBay store for more option.

(LINK)
*10000K XENON HID* Excursion/F250/F350 Headlights Euro - eBay (item 220744994024 end time Mar-26-11 22:48:41 PDT)
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 AM
mkeenan
Fuel Guzzler
Member's Gallery

Send a message via MSN to mkeenan
Re: 99.5 Ford f350 headlight question

When I bought my hid kit it was really easy to install. My kit came with a pre assembled relay all I had to do was run the wires to the battery then it connects with one of the old headlight pigtails. Like I said it was super easy and it was about a 30 min install and most of that was figuring out where to put the ballasts . Just make sure it's a bi xenon kit otherwise you will only have low beams.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 AM
dffdixie
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

did yours come with everything that was in the pic from the link above Mkeenan, or did it have more too it than what is offered in this one????
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM
mkeenan
Fuel Guzzler
Member's Gallery

here is a link to another kit similar to mine, this one is also bi xenon, when i got mine i didnt have to get anything extra it came with everthing i needed and it was all plug-n-play style. No splicing or cutting wires. I didnt buy my headlights with the kit i bought, they were seperate. altogether i think i spent $180 + shipping foor the HID kit and 4 piece headlamps. also have you done a google search on the color choices for the bulbs, i think mine were 8k and they are a nice white with a small hint of blue. from the reading your link it does sound like it comes with everthing, but like i said you wont have high beams or flash to pass with that kit. Just a suggestion i like having both high and low beams.

BiXenon Hi/Lo 9007 HID 10000K Conversion Kit Xterra 05 - eBay (item 250651571734 end time Apr-11-11 01:35:14 PDT)

on edit this kit is for a nissan xterra just do an ebay search for your vehicle and include bixenon in the search
Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 AM
FuturePharmD
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

The link in the OP is for a single beam it looks like. It says you need one bulb.for high another for low but the housing looks like it just fits a single bulb. I would do a ddmtuning hid kit that does both. Those housings look stockish and I don't believe are going to really aim the beam better then what you have. I'm posting from my cell but ill put a link up this afternoon to the headlights my buddy has with his hid kit. They are much better at collecting the beam then the stock housings.
Stage 1's by Full Force Diesel
No Limit Tuning by Jonathan
Rough country level and shocks
305/70r16 Terra Grappler on Dc2
Autometer factory match (pyro,boost,trans)
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 AM
97'stroker
97'stroker
Member's Gallery

stick with stock lights. i see people pulled over ALL the time for aftermarket lights. "supposedly" them things are illegal
Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 AM
10' duramax
2010 Duramax
Member's Gallery

^ This guys an idiot.. since when are aftermarket lights illegal?? As long as the light isnt covered then its fine. GO with the aftermarket SH#T.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM
mkeenan
Fuel Guzzler
Member's Gallery

I know that in MT putting HID lights on a vehicle not originally equipped with them is illegal. I havent been pulled over yet, and Im sure it would be a waste of a cops time to do so. I think its only a $50 ticket so its not a big deal here. The aftermarket housings that I bought are designed to run HIDs and the look stockish.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:16 PM
OBSWIZ
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Sorry but '97 stroker is correct so who is the ...

Hids... good read...

HID retrofits – they are illegal in all states. DOT has recently begun fining suppliers and manufactures.

That said you all are adults buy them if you want just be aware of the facts.

H4, 9004, 9007, H13 bulbs are dual element lamp – both low and high beam. An HID capsule is a single element so you loose one of the beams – more often you loose the low. Notice also that the low beam has a shield next to it – an HID Capsule does not.

The light sources in any lamp must be precisely placed at the design focal point. The lens/reflector assembly is computer designed for the shape of the light source. You cannot retrofit a standard HID capsule with the H1, H3, H4, H7 or 9000 h13 series mounting hardware and precisely position the light source because the design of the bulb base is not precise enough. A lamp designed for a D2S capsule has a precision machined capsule holder, not a stamped steel or molded plastic one.

The light source of an HID is a totally different shape than the light source of a filament bulb. The source for a halogen bulb is an axial filament with a length and a width. The source of a D2S, or D2R HID Capsule is a globular point. Want to see how precise a filament has to be placed? Take a look at the two filaments in an H4 bulb and see how close they are – that’s all the difference between a high beam and a low beam pattern. Now take a look at a 9004 or 9007, H13 etc – the two filaments are right next to each other. The difference between a high and a low beam is fractions of a millimeter.

There are a number of fly-by-nights out there modifying the standard D2S HID Capsule to fit in some of the other bulb mounts, but those are dangerous to use in a DOT lamp. They put out 2˝ times the light of a halogen bulb – but because of the DOT pattern, oncoming traffic is going to be dazzled by the extra light. That’s all fine and good if you don’t mind blinding oncoming traffic. Best case, everyone flashes at you – worst case, they swerve into your lane because they can’t see. Somewhere in between, a state trooper runs you down and makes you get your lights fixed – there goes your investment down-the-drain.

You may have seen Hella HID conversions kits on the internet. I spoke to Hella and asked about them. They said they don’t make those kits. Some one is buying our ballasts and capsules, modifying the capsules and passing them off as a Hella products

Another problem you are going to have is the wavelength of the light output is a short wavelength – which means it dazzles and diffracts much more than the warmer, longer wavelength of a halogen source. One of the reasons gas discharge technology is only on high-end cars is that most are now going to a “self-leveling” system for the headlamps to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic in acceleration situations and when cresting a hill. You won’t have this and the risk that you will dazzle oncoming traffic is enhanced because you don’t. Hold your breath the first time you dazzle an oncoming state trooper and you can’t dip you running light.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Old 03-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Country
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

[QUOTE=10' duramax;1438657]^ This guys an idiot.. since when are aftermarket lights illegal?? As long as the light isnt covered then its fine. GO with the aftermarket SH#T.[/Q
You owe this Gentleman an apology.
OOo;.'-(o)------(o)-' ///
Country ><> Amen
Old 03-17-2011, 05:31 AM
dffdixie
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Ok guys thanks that being said, here is a couple of other sets i found, i just want a nice bright blue lookin bulb one of those you can see pretty far with, this first set i really like, and the second set i like too but also they are those projector ones and they are really nice lookin too, i ah crap i really like both of them the more i look at the projector ones the more i like them. On with the links.

FORD F250/F350/EXCURSION HEAD LIGHTS+LED CORNER PARKING - eBay (item 310304063035 end time Apr-13-11 18:06:49 PDT)

Projector
FORD F250/F350/EXCURSION HEAD LIGHTS+LED CORNER PARKING - eBay (item 310304063035 end time Apr-13-11 18:06:49 PDT)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 AM
strokin dually
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

I went to DDM tuning, and paid $80 for 55wt Hid, low high, wire harness, no instruction,lol. and a life time warrenty.. oh and shipping included 5000k lights.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 PM
JesseM
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

FWIW.. If you decide to stick with a Halogen bulb, Ive been very happy with the line Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Ive used the regular Silverstars, and the Ultras and liked them both. I used the Ultras in my Grand Cherokee (my off road vehicle) with foggy lights and they worked well. Made a big diffrence.
They make a cool blue bulb as well if thats what youre looking for..

Chart for ref..

http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/im...31053c9567.jpg
"New" Diesel owner, have wanted one since I was about 10 yrs old. 2000 F-350, EC/SB, Lariat, DynoMax pipes, AEM intake, Banks Big Head, DiabloSport tuned for now ..List of things to buy: Wicked Wheel, Valve Body, 6.0 Intercooler and Tranny cooler, undecided on tuner...
Old 03-18-2011, 06:34 PM
OBSWIZ
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

What would you expect from a dura turd owner on a Powerstroke forum.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 113
01strokercc, 02redpwrstroke, 10' duramax, 2006nytro, 7.3 Blackout, 7.3 Chick, 7.3LStrokeR, 7.3psd1999, 97'stroker, 99.5crewstroke, 99pete, 99STROKINSMOKIN, Abolt, andrewv_24, Anyonebutme, AzPsd55, Backwoods Electric, birdog, Boomer44, bruce51d, Buford-61, cantrellc123, ccmac, chamm, corysm, Country, crawlake, critter011, dave186, dffdixie, diesel farmer, Diesel X, DieselBrad, DocBar, drh4250, duncan351, excursion7.3, e_in_tn, F-350, F250 Fever, farmall99, Fl Stroker, florida 6.0, FLuiD, fordguy64, Fro_911, FuturePharmD, groomzybanshe, Hamstn, harperc, HD Guy, hunter scar, jchipper, jerry k, JesseM, jimmyp, joshmab, kickstand, kilapapipa, KPSquared, LiftedMoose, LOSTCAUSEPOWERSTROKE, Mac347, mjones, mkeenan, Monumentally, morefuel, mrit, mudslinger02, NEBR99.5 OIL BURNER, needinajeep, nielsencod, no_pistons7, OBSWIZ, opieg01, Parts Jimmy, Pdt1081, prplpowerranger, PSD-BLACK-CLOUD, raptor, retrosolutions, Rhino16, rocdawg, Russo2, SaNnDnSurF, shoaboat, shortkleinberg12, slimshaney, snorcr31, southmike, stroke99half, Stroken7.3, strokin dually, strokinak, Super_Hauler, taterthedog, teevo66, thebluetruck, theGreenHornet, tizquierdo, tree trimmer, TxFire, TXsmoker, UNCOOL, V-Ref, vandentr, vanderchevy18, white7.3, WichitaF250, wicked027.3, wilson5831, yogr