Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My impressions of Bigr's truck

15K views 173 replies 45 participants last post by  erikclaw 
#1 ·
So this weekend I was able to get some seat time in mikes truck this weekend and I was very impressed. The truck as most of you know runs a stock fuel system minus an air dog. Basically the mod list is head studs full egr delete wastegate and elites high power turbos. My first impressions around the pits was the thing had awesome throttle response... like stupid fast spool up.

So mike made one pass then I made a pass. Launched at 1800 rpms. Spooled instantly smoke free. Pulled a 1.68 60 foot and ran 12.56 at 105 mph. Not bad for mickey thompson atz's. So then mike and I both sat out for the next round of qualifing because we knew what the truck would do.

Cruising thru the pits non stop compliments and hey beautiful truck from everyone who looked at it. The amp steps are super nice. His system/navigation/back up cameras are sweet.

Mikes truck is super clean on the inside and out. No rattles no shakes smooth rides nice.

So after putting a dmax in the trailer I was in the finals. Almost won the 11.9 class in a truck running 12.50s all day long in the heat. Being consistant on the tree was key and very easy since the truck spooled so fast and was so easy to.drive. traction was easy to come by with the ouo bars and cut a best of 1.66 60'

Mike you have truely set the standard for what a ultimate daily driver tow rig weekend worrier should be thanks again for letting me drive it.

See less See more
#4 ·
Its all in the turbos. Its got a reg innovative race tune in it. Honestlybthis sets a new standard on where to start a 6.4 build. Trap speed says its making 670 hp in 90 degree weather. And most people have been doing 60 nozzles heads and tow powers to get similar results. If I was to do it over I would go with these turbos and leave the head ache of aftermarket fuel system stuff behind. Its the ultimate street truck... no smoke and 675 hp is hard to beat

#6 ·
That truck is amazing. It spools retarded fast and with no smoke. I have a video of it launching I'll post up tomorrow. It has a small whiff of smoke as it launches and then its gone. I love the sound of the truck with these turbos in it to. It just sounds mean going down the track.

#7 ·
spoolup is purely based off the turbo sizing being retardedly correct. spoolup is about a second quicker than stock when stomping the throttle from a dead stop, smoke free basically all the time, with retarded low temps. i think the highest egt i saw on the track was 1400* .

thanks again dustin for representing in my truck so well, the best part was that 1.66 looked violent, i thought for sure it was junk... running like that, in the heat says a lot, considering most trucks were losing 1-3 10th's from the night before testing. temp plays a crazy role in hp to the ground, and im gonna try to go to the 1/8th mile at night this week..i'll bet it runs a 7.7x at 86 ... ;)

#12 ·
Or some nitrous. Im just glad I made a race out of it. Should have been a blow out with nearly 5 tenths seperating us. The finish was less than half of a truck apart... great racing like I said I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Close races like that is what people show up to watch.

#28 ·
I like this picture. I'm suprised the 20'' x 10'''s do not stick out as far as I would have thought. I just ordered some BMF's 20'' x 9''s

#18 ·
This just helps me with all my ideas of what's coming next in my diesel life.
Slick truck for sure and sounds like it's the perfect DD set up. Smack people around on the highway, but still able to stay cool, great spool, and enjoy the truck the whole time. That's the best!

#20 ·
Awesome! So you have the air dog with the Elite kit to get it directly to the hpfp? Sounds like just what I want,have you run anyone elses tunes? Do you think the 60 or 85 nozzles would actually give you any thing else other than a little more power and higher egt's? You just have Elites single wastegate right? Thanks and super sweet truck!!:evil:evil:psn:RULES

#29 ·
It was good to meet you, Dustin and Mike. Truck ran good and didn't break! I had a blast working the event as an NHRDA official for my first time. I still say Mikey's crazy for letting you drive, Dustin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.