Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bed/box supports/crossmembers

65K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  hbigjim 
#1 ·
Anyone Had to replace these yet? Mine are getting pretty bad just figured i'd try to find some help or pics on here. Ive done some searching but came up with nothing

#2 ·
A new bed may be the way to go if its that bad already. Might be worse off than what you think.

You should be able to find a metal fabshop that could bend you some new channels or use a square tubing.

#3 ·
I found out mine needed to be replaced when I had some LVL's up on the rack, came to a stop only to have the rack and material bash the top of my cab!! Front channel rusted out at the bolt holes and crushed till the bed hit the frame.

I used a 3" piece of tube steel and tacked it in place(I used a piece of angle or a piece of flat stock for something, but can't remember what for) Added a couple washers in between the channel and tube to bring the lines in the truck back together and good to go

#5 ·
Does anyone know if you can order them new through Ford? Or aftermarket?

#11 ·
wow those look good!! I make my own but all I wad was angle iron & a plas cutter. They work but those look good!!

#13 ·
Whoa... nice work there. Problem is, most of the time the bedsides aren't too far behind the supports... :(

#19 ·
Just a FYI. SOMEONE does make these(ford does NOT)

They have a listing on ebay but here is the listing and the description in the listing. ANOTHER add is below the EBAY things

Ford Super Duty Bed Floor Support Crossmembers Rails | eBay

DO YOU HAVE A 1999-2010 F-SERIES SUPER DUTY WITH ROTTED OUT BED FLOOR CROSSMEMBERS. WITH THE ONLY PLACE TO TURN TO IS THE FORD DEALER FOR A COMPLETE FLOOR. NOT ANY MORE WE ARE THE FIRST AND ONLY PLACE TO MAKE THE FOUR CENTER BED FLOOR CROSSMEMBERS AVAILABLE. MADE OF HIGH GRADE STEEL TWO GUAGES THICKER THEN ORIGINALS FABRICATED TO ORIGINAL SPECIFICATIONS. THESE CROSSMEMBERS ARE SHOWN IN THE PICTURES PAINTED YELLOW SHOWING THE DETAIL DONE TO ACHIEVE A CORRECT FIT. THEY WILL REQUIRE BED REMOVAL, CUTTING, WELDING, AND PAINTING TO INSTALL. SO PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION IS RECOMMENDED. IF YOU ARE A LOCAL BUYER OF THE TRI-COUNTY PHILADELPHIA YOU COULD ALSO CONTACT US THROUGH EBAY MESSENGER ABOUT AN ESTIMATE FOR US TO INSTALL THE CROSSMEMBERS FOR YOU. OUR LOCATION IS IN CONSHOHOCKEN, PA 19428 TO GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF WHERE WE ARE LOCATED.

THESE CROSSMEMBER ARE BUILT TO ORDER AND HAVE AN EXTENDED LEAD TIME. THE YELLOW ONES IN PICTURED WHERE ONLY PAINTED TO SHOW WHAT YOU WOULD BE GETTING. FOUR CENTER BED FLOOR CROSSMEMBERS SOLD AS A SET. FRONT AND REAR CROSSMEMBER ARE NOT INCLUDED. BUT FACTORY REPLACMENTS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. THE FRONT CROSSMEMBER GOES FOR $131.18. THE REAR CROSSMEMBER OR SILL GOES FOR $256.28.

ALSO IF YOU WISH FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE WE COULD COAT YOUR CROSSMEMBERS WITH A WELD-THROUGH PRIMER. JUST CONTACT US FOR THE COST BEFORE MAKING PAY.MENT SO THIS OPTION COULD BE ADDED TO YOUR INVOICE.

SHIPPING FOR THE CROSSMEMBERS IS BASED ON LOCATION SHIPPED TO FOR THE LOWER 48 STATES. ADDITIONAL FEES APPLY TO ALASKA, HAWAII, AND PUERTO RICO. DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO SHIPPING RATES BELOW. EMAIL FOR ACTUAL COST WITH YOUR INFORMATION

THESE ARE FOR SUPER DUTY PICK UP TRUCKS ONLY. THEY WILL NOT FIT REGULAR F-SERIES TRUCKS.

*********Currently items in fabrication and will have 20 business day lead time.**********

1999 To 2012 F250/350 Superduty Bed Crossmember Su

#21 ·
I had a local metal shop bend some for me. Total cost was $140. Mine were in real bad shape. The repair is rock solid.

#24 ·
What I thought about is why not use sign posts. The taller ones are over 3" wide. They are galvanized or painted and have 3/8" holes drilled at 1" on center. They would mount in any of the holes without having to drill them. The ones that I was looking at are 8' long. I didn't see shorter ones with these dimensions. Simply cut using the old ones to measure with, raise the bed, remove the old ones. Install the new ones, and you are back in business. Best part, this will cost about half of factory made ones and they are stronger because the metal is thicker. I found them on usa-traffic-signs.com. Smaller ones are available, but I think the larger ones are more suitable. Good luck and have a great day. BigJim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.