Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lift pics request

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  TylerDurden 
#1 ·
I have an 08 250 with a leveling kit and want to go higher.Will a 6" be too high for 35's or should I go for the 4".Any pics would be great.

#5 ·
My truck has a 6" and its huuuuuuge!I cant imagine running an 8 or bigger. It'd be cartoonish. Pics dont do them justice. People stare at mine all the time as it is.

As for your analogy of your truck to a truck with a 4" lift they are half-correct. When you lift the front of your truck only, as in a level kit, the rear axle is a pivot point. So the rear bumper may be lower than it was. A lift kit lifts both ends. Usually to a level stance but both ends, no less. If you put a 6" on your truck you'll want 37's. If you go with a 4" you'll be running the same tires but they'll fit the truck better. Stuffed wheelwells arent the look I dig. Everybody wants a different look. The trucks ride waaaay better lifted, imo. You'd gain that too.

#6 ·
I have been through several stages. Mine is a 2005, so its a little different from yours but it will give you the general idea. Like one of the other posters mentioned, these trucks are a lot bigger in person than they are in pictures. Its a good idea to look at them in person, or find a picture with a person in it for size reference.

Here is my before (day I brought it home):

How it sits now:

And there were a few stops in between

2.5" leveling kit and F350 rear block that came on the truck and factory 275/70/18's:

ICON 4.5" with ICON 5" rear leafs and 35x13.50x18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's on 18x9 KMC Monsters

Same as above except I added 1" TEI spacer to the front and 1" block to the rear:

ICON 7" and also added the 4-link, went up to 20x10 KMC Monsters with 37x13.50 Kumho KL71's

And finally the last stop as far as lifting went, I added the 1" TEI spacer to the front (8" total) and did the PMF 08 Leaf spring conversion with 10" PMF traction block in the rear:

Oh wait I forgot, when all that came off I went to 1" TEI spacer on the factory coil on the front and a 3.5" PMF rear block factory Harley wheels and 275/65/20's Terra Grapplers:

#7 ·
I run 6" and 35s I dont think they look too small but you will probably be fine with the 4":ford:

#12 ·
Not true, we sell lots of the Pure Performance 4.5" 4 link kits..with the std 4 link arms you get a much better ride quality and the ability to add much needed additional castor these trucks need. PM me if I can get you a price.

#9 ·
Think about what you paid for your truck....do you really want to go budget on your lift kit? Another thing to keep in mind is $450 of that price is shocks, and $300 of that is for an adjustable trackbar that most kits don't come with. The shocks are Nitrogen shocks, designed, valved, and tested specifically for Superduties. Not some generic shock that "works" for the truck. Also, ICON uses a dual rate coil spring that's also designed, built and tested for your Superduty. I'm not saying its the only choice, but definitely one of the best. I would recommend saving for a little longer and getting a kit that will make your truck a pleasure to drive, instead of going budget, and ending up with a truck you HATE driving.

BTW...another plus to ICON.....Made in the USA!!!!

#10 ·
Icon is a great lift. I have no question about its quality. I do have to add that my skyjacker kit is 10+years old and Ive had not ONE problem with it. My truck eats shocks but that has more to do with the tires I run/ran. three fronts and single in the rear gets expensive. I am thinking about going for a procomp kit in the 6" and some traction bars too.

Anybody have any bad experience with procomp? I still am considering the icon but I need inj, oil and turbo too so I may have to either go with the procomp or skip it altogether....

#13 ·
Well that settles it. I do NOT want the ICON. I was very happy to get rid of the factory ride. Mushy mushy mushy...The skyjacker is tight but some of the fasteners are looking pretty beat and the one rear pack has a busted leaf in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.