Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Front Add a Leaf questions.

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  HD-tech-NH 
#1 ·
Just bought a Rough Country Suspension front leveling kit part # 6129. I plan on putting it in this weekend. I looked online for instructions but couldn't find any. I'm sure they will come with the kit but I want to be sure I have everything I need before I start. Anyone use this kit? Any tips for install?

#2 ·
Have plenty of jack stands handy, and preferably 2 floor jacks. A few C-Clamps are also gonna be helpful. Oh, and a friend if possible...

Worst part is lining the axle back up with the alignment pins so you can tighten the u-bolts.

I have had to use a come-a-long before to get the axle pulled over enough for alignment.

Should be pretty straight forward.

Good Luck!

#3 ·
3 hours later its all done! Looks great the way it should! Used a comalong to line it up just like you said! looks good.

#5 ·
not yet it looks baddass! full spring replacement would probably be an easier job

#6 ·
Did the add a leaf on my 02. Two buddies, a few jacks and three hours later we were able to enjoy the new look of the truck. Lining the axle back up was the hard part. I would assume changing the entire spring pack would be just the same thing. Didn't use a come along but it would have helped. Well worth the work.

#8 ·
I am shopping for one now have gotten some really good prices from vendors on here. When going down the highway I have to keep the wheel to the right just a touch hair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.