Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

BIG ASS MONSTER D-Shackle

18K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  TANK'S 250 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to get a giant d-shackle? about 8 inches long or so and 5 or so wide. i saw it once on a f350 and i cant find it anywhere.

#4 ·
I buy them at any implement or tractor store, i think even big r or any farm store has them. I have a JAX farm and ranch here and they carry 8" wide clevis'

#9 ·
I have some that are about 8-10" from pin to back of clevis, and about 6" opening....got like 4 of them.

#13 ·
I keep a 1 3/8" Crosby on my receiver at all times. I built the hitch for it out of 2" solid stock and lazer cut parts.

#18 ·
what are these weights you guys are throwing around...... working load limit? or maxinum load limit? I mean seriously 43ton rated WLL in a certified shackle would be a 2 1/4" shackle. that'll weight 66lbs. and be in the range of 15 1/2" long. you can buy china junk sure. but those ratings mean nothing.

this is what I've got, cause that pic of my truck is very deceptive. Is an actual Crosby brand 1 3/8" shackle with screw anchor. its SWLL 13.5ton. and minimum ultimate strength is 81 ton. (6x Working Load Limit)

#20 ·
I've got a box that plays out like that assortment too. Uncle sam we don't have uncle sam in canada but any oil company or drilling contractor........:lookaround:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.