Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

looking to build or buy a coolant filter seems much easier to buy

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  07_powerstroke 
#1 ·
hey guys im looking to build or buy a coolant filter what do you think is best, im open for options and what are the best filters

#12 ·
GoGo is plain, simple and cheaper w/ valves.

Sinister more money, more bling bling, and doesn't include valves

#14 ·
Truthfully not really. It would take me two hours to run around and get the part. For forty bucks I saved the fuel.and headakes and gained a 6.0 expert as a friend. I have been in contact with Doug probably 15 times after this and he has helped me. Some of the questions were at 4am too. Then again I make slot more than 20 an hour and didn't feel Luke messing with it

#15 ·
the amount of money you make doesn't have sh!t to do with the fact that not everyone wants to go all out and waste money on something they can build for 1/2 the price. I for one will be getting with HawgDoc to build mine in the near future lol.

Chad

#16 ·
All I was saying was Doug kit was the best bang for the buck for kit. It comes with the valves and is cheaper than the rest that don't have the valves. If you want to make it yourself go ahead. Take it as you want but for 120 bucks delivered it wasn't worth my time to piece it together myself. The only reason I mention what I make is because I consider my time valuable. With my time and price of materials combined it was easier cheaper to buy dougs kit. I was not trying to be an ass.

#20 ·
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to having the filter mounted horizontal instead of vertical? Just curious, because I noticed some of them are one way, some of them are the other way.

GoGoDiesel's coolant filter:

DieselSite Coolant filter:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.