Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

side pipe on a diesel

14K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  chamm 
#1 ·
Just like on the old corvets. I like to be original but still cant decide if its stupid or not. I dont even know if it would be legall but any imput would be nice ither negative or positive

#19 ·
Hulst Customs did it on their black dually a couple of years ago IIRC and Eaton did a SEMA truck with them about 3 years ago.
Sorry to burst your bubble...but your idea is not original.

#9 ·
I have not quite thought about the details yet. Just an idea that kind of hit me today. Duals would look alot cleaner an i got all the exhaust to fab it up at work. So maybe if im not to busy at work tomarrow ill mach it up an see what it looks like an if i can get pass the tranny

#16 ·
I think it would be bad azz. I still havent seen one in person, so I would say its pretty original. Anything you cant get out of a kit and bolt right on is pretty original if you think about it.:D

I would love to do it to my shorty. I dont have any room for the pipes though.:(

#18 ·
Unless you have a new truck that has a DPF I wouldnt do it. You will be clean your rims off every single day of black soot.

When I first bought my 01 I though I had a good idea I would hacked the exhuast off right before the muffler and install a 45 degree bend and ran it right out in front of the right rear back tire. Every single day I would have to wash that rim off other wise it would be a black rim. Got sick of doing that after the first month and purchased a full exhuast system.

My truck was stock with out any kind of tuner on it also. FYIf

MIke

#26 ·
Yes, a lot of people have done them. My buddy had them. Lasted about a week, they're annoying as all hell. The rattle and flap non stop and it gets really old really quick.

#34 ·
keep it tucked in, it looks much better it has been like this for 3 months now and i havnt had to wash soot off the rear tire, but the trucks stock as a rock
If I did that to mine, I would soot up the entire rear wheel. By the second stop light.

#35 ·
i have seen a pair of paralel turbo's with sidepipes on an obs..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.