Turbo seal??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Hillz
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Turbo seal???

I think the turbo seal on my 05 (150K) is on the way out. With the perf. tune the CAC tube fills up with oil and runs out on the ground. Stock tune leak goes away. Just a few questions (I tried searching):

- Can the seal be changed?
- Local dealer has no listing for the seal. Can it be purchased?
- Did the shaft play cause the seal to leak?

Thanx in advance for any replies.
- ARP studs
- 4" turbo back Magnaflow duals
- Sinister EGR delete
- Dieselsite coolant filter
- NUC oil bypass filter
- B3YOND banjo bolts
- Dfuser cross over
- GoGo direct solenoid
- Autometer pillar gauges
- 2.5" Newton leveling kit
- 7.5` Arctic Quick link II poly plow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 AM
DieselStroke
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: Turbo seal???

Oil in the CAC tube you better be carefull before you have a runaway truck that you cannot shut off, the motor can use the diesel to power the engine and over rpm it, the only way to shut it off will be by stopping air going into the intake.
Scangauge II by Linear Logic
Straight pipe exhaust
Westin Bull Bar
Lights
Old 03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Hillz
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

DiesealStroke- Good call on the run away! I have not thought about that. I have been stock tuned all winter because I plow. Leak is gone. After I got my custom tuned SCT last summer, I could not help myself and the leak started. I will stay stock until this gets figured out.

I spoke with Garrett last night and they offer a rebuild kit, piston ring, and o-ring for the stock turbo.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 PM
doubledrop
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

are u sure its not just needing to do a CCV mod? the crankcase vent sends it back into the intake
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Hillz
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

I thought about that. When I had the air cleaner out to install the updated fuel pres. spring and gauge, the turbo looked clean on the intake side. Also when the air cleaner was out I found that the oil leak was coming from the crappy plastic CAC tube (drivers side). I have ordered the earlier style steel CAC tube and the CCV mod. Neither have been installed yet.
How much will the CCV pass with a tune? The cylinder comp. was equal for all cylinders the last time it was on the Ford computer. The truck would leave a 2" spot on the driveway overnight. Stock tune and the spot went away?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
bismic1
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I would want to know the crankcase pressure w/ the tune. Ford's max spec is 0.3 psig.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARPs OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Balljoints;RACCCV6000;Updated HPOP fitting;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;plugs&standpipes;Fumo to;Harpooned;Quadzilla XZT Fuel Press;Blue spring;DashDAQ;PHP_FICM; RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;Inverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;BPD WaterPump;SCT Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra w/ filter;SynchroMax
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
lenzhotrod
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

The crankcase pressure test also uses a fixed orfice tube when you take this measurement.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Hillz
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Crankcase pressure would be good to know. How would I go about measuring that? Hopefully that is not a Ford only thing.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 AM
bismic1
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

I measure it off of the dipstick tube w/ vacuum hose and a magnehelic gauge (temporary setup). I have below 0.1 psig at idle and it pulls a vacuum under WOT. To be exact, Ford's spec does involve an orifice tube, but I believe my setup is a fine substitute.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 52
03-blue-Powerstroke, 06-6.0 stoker, 07_powerstroke, 2006powerleaker, 79puller, BigBlack03, BigDeal21, bismic1, buggut, Bustedknuckles, Cajunhunter67, colinmacdon, CTC DEEZUL, cygnus, ddbck, dieseljosh07, DieselStroke, doubledrop, eatoncobra04, florida 6.0, genuineford, griffin6997, hawgdoctor, HD-tech-NH, Hillz, hill_billiez, id: 5520, Jbstroker87, Jomull55, kenny7231, kmwhitworth, Kountryboy 6.0, ktmrydr686, lewis2000psd, Marc, Monstar, Muddinboy4089, orrwhat, PETERC, pjerrn, Realdealoo8, semmens21, Shef, squig_2000, StrokerSmoker01, TAMU_PSD, The Don, TMW, tsedsell, Twisted Addiction, webb06