Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Reviving the superduty

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  John Martens 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.
Have a 02 F 350 with an early 04 cummins in it. Runs and drives, lots of power, but...
1, Cruise control doesnt work
2, At 60m/hr it surges as if a large tank of water is on the back.
3, Electric fans cant keep up while pulling (must put in mechanical one)

This is a work truck, doesnt need 500hp, but it needs to be reliable so I can send a load of trailers (we build them) with out having to worry if it will make it there and back.

This is the last go round with this truck, can you guys help me out with the correct parts that work for the above issues.

If I cant get it going, shes off to the auction come spring.:doh:

#2 ·
John welcome to PSN.
For starters try posting this in the Engine and Transmission Conversion Forum.
Also try and get in touch with Beans Diesel Performance either by phone (hard to get them to pick up) or by E-mail. They are very familiar with Cummin conversions in Ford trucks. They might be able to answer some of your questions.

#4 ·
Hi everyone.
Have a 02 F 350 with an early 04 cummins in it. Runs and drives, lots of power, but...
1, Cruise control doesnt work
How does your throttle work ? Does it run via a push pull cable to the engine or a Dodge accelerator pedal in your truck or ????

2, At 60m/hr it surges as if a large tank of water is on the back.
How does your throttle work ? How is the fuel delivery system set up, ie lift pump and return system ?

3, Electric fans cant keep up while pulling (must put in mechanical one)
Electric fans are TOYS compared to the mechanical fan on the front of a diesel. Who did your conversion ?

Start searching wreckers for a fan hub and fan. (Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market) is your friend.

This is a work truck, doesnt need 500hp, but it needs to be reliable so I can send a load of trailers (we build them) with out having to worry if it will make it there and back.

This is the last go round with this truck, can you guys help me out with the correct parts that work for the above issues.
I have a '99 Superduty with an 05 Cummins 325/610. I pull a 14K trailer all over the place and its 100% reliable. I've put about 75K miles on it since the conversion and its great.

None of your problems are very complicated, except maybe the cruise control, depending on how your truck is set up.

Who did your conversion ?

#5 ·
The throttle is a push pull cable system. Just got a gas servo from a v10.
The conversion was done by a "guy with knowledge". Just installed the 7.3L fan. Do you have a shroud?

#6 ·
I don't have a shroud, but I'll probably add one in the near future. Not that it needs it cooling wise.

How did you put a 7.3L fan on your Cummins ? Is the thread the same ?

#7 ·
I bought the GOS hub adapter. It fits perfectly without taking away any room. I had just over 4.5" clearance between the rad and hub shaft. It clears it nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.