Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2011 NHRDA World Finals, Topeka Kansas Sept 10th

6K views 56 replies 16 participants last post by  vanderchevy18 
#1 ·

More info to come soon!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Hopefully it will be... I think keeping the field limited is a good thing. Otherwise there would be a million entries in the Sportsman ET class.

I think they set it up very well last year. Hopefully they can draw in more trucks for the faster classes though.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate better this year.

#16 ·
I assumed that's what he meant, but i just wanted to be clear on his question for sure since we get all kinds of requests, some of which are for complicated drag racing classes. We have what classes we plan on running this year, and we like to not put too many specific equipment limitations because it really shrinks our field of competitors at a lot of events and spreads the competitors out to where instead of 20 in one class, we would have 5 in one....6 in another....etc.

as far as pulls....

The NHRDA does not actually put on pulls. We have pulling at many of our events but it is contracted through regional pulling groups. We allow them to run their classes, rules, and they do all of their own tech inspections. Nobody within our organization is or has been into pulling, and without the knowledge of what people like and what works for people, we figure we are better off leaving everything to people that know what they are doing. If you have specific class questions at a specific race, we can put you in contact with the pulling group for more info. (just putting this out there for informational purposes for anyone that might have been curious)

#18 ·
The NHRDA World Finals Hotel Information

Holiday Inn Holidome
605 SW Fairlawn Road Topeka KS 66606
PHONE: (785) 272-8040 FAX: (785) 272-8762
EMAIL: sales@topekaholidome.com
WEB: www.topekaholidome.com

You can reserve your room online or by phone with the group code HRD to get your discounted room rate of $89 for a room with one King bed or two Queen beds. The NHRDA Annual Awards Banquet will be in the Conference Room at this same Hotel following the World Finals. Make your reservations early if you plan on attending to make sure you get our special group rate. The hotel has an on-site restaurant, and a swimming pool with waterslide.

#19 ·
Will there be a gamblers race again? I want to race but scheids is the only other diesel event I'll be able to attend and that's not nhrda.

#25 ·
How bout it Marc? That's what I want to know!

#30 ·
hey Ya'll i'll be there i plan on doing the show n shine & dyno run for the first time!! i do need some help, i need to get a slow oil leak fixed and maybe an adrenaline HPOP by that time. If you see a white crew 06 front end w/ 2010 rear end black BMFS come say Hi!!

See ya in a few weeks!

#34 ·
Amy will probably be there with her E50D. You could get some professional photos! Lol!

#38 ·
Bring some girls w/ melons like your Avatar and i'll come stay at yr hotel!:rockon: Otherwise i have a good buddy that has a house in Topeka i'll be staying at, very excited for this event. I just hope i can break 400 rwhp on the dyno w/ my old 7.3L and i don't get too embarassed wish i could have a new HPOP on before the event.

#37 ·
Wow! Right on! Hope to see y'all there!

#39 ·
Also i called in and they told me last year only about 50 trucks were in the show n shine but it was real bad weather i was there last year on Saturday i thought here were more trucks than that?? (my truck was getting injectors put in at the time if i remember right) Anyway, how many trucks do you guys think will be there participating?

#41 ·
I am going to try and make it down, I am trying to schedule a work trip to Manhattan over that weekend.... so if it gets approved I will be there... in a rental car, but still there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.