Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Wrecks....

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  coalroller3x 
#1 ·
Not mine... hired for clean-up

See less See more
#3 ·
I guess the driver fell asleep, went down into a ditch, got back out of it, took down a power pole, and stopped crosswise in the road with the trailer having a broken back. Luckily there was a large parking lot directly ahead of the truck the wrecker was able to pull it into so we could get things offloaded and cleaned up, wish I had taken more pics of the cleanup, but I really didn't have time.

#4 ·
I got tons of pics of wrecked stuff. I live for carnage :D

A very early DD15 chucked a rod in our yard. with like 215 hours on it. :doh: Oh well. No spares on the shelf, too new. Detroit yanked one off the assembly line in Detroit and Flew it to us. Good service on that one. Huge freight bill.

peek-a-boo #2

found some of it

#6 ·
16v149 dropped a valve through the piston

this is what happens when you shockload a mighty Allison. Its an HT755 out of a tandem tandem Kenworth. case split right in half. the oil pan is the only thing keeping it together.

turbo barked the compressor housing right in half.....

#7 ·
16v4000 gen set. 1 megawatt. full load.... no good.

this is whats left of the oil pump.

this one was a good one. chucked the turbine wheel right out at full boogie, candy striped the down tube. I fished the wheel out of the base of the stack. gutted the center housing. and the compressor wheel was MINT, It still spun easy without touching the housing LOL

:doh::doh:
LOL

#9 ·
this one was a good one. chucked the turbine wheel right out at full boogie, candy striped the down tube. I fished the wheel out of the base of the stack. gutted the center housing. and the compressor wheel was MINT, It still spun easy without touching the housing LOL

Martys got experience doing this. LOL

#8 ·
Buddy come in complaining about low power, low boost.................... :doh:

Yes overboost is bad for compressor wheels LOL

#11 ·
Saw a rig today. Passenger side fuel tank was collapsed, I mean that thing was crushed like a beer can. Had red paint rubbed all over it. Truck had zero damage on it. I was behind the truck, he was doing 50 in a 65, in the center lane. Left lane was crowded with traffic. As much as I hate to, I pulled over to pass on the right. Was behind traffic so it took longer than I like to go by. About half way by him I figured out what happenned. I saw a blinker about two blinks and he was coming over. I could see his face in the mirror, a$$hole never even looked. I treat truckers like professional drivers, but if I had been able to pull his a$$ over, he would have met my breaker bar. He had no business driving a lawnmower, much less a truck.

First, if you are doing 50 in a 65, your a$$ better be in the slow lane. Second, look before you move over.

#12 ·
Saw a rig today. Passenger side fuel tank was collapsed, I mean that thing was crushed like a beer can. Had red paint rubbed all over it. Truck had zero damage on it. I was behind the truck, he was doing 50 in a 65, in the center lane. Left lane was crowded with traffic. As much as I hate to, I pulled over to pass on the right. Was behind traffic so it took longer than I like to go by. About half way by him I figured out what happenned. I saw a blinker about two blinks and he was coming over. I could see his face in the mirror, a$ never even looked. I treat truckers like professional drivers, but if I had been able to pull his a$$ over, he would have met my breaker bar. He had no business driving a lawnmower, much less a truck.

First, if you are doing 50 in a 65, your a$$ better be in the slow lane. Second, look before you move over.
I do not disagree, the problem is that 90% of 4 wheeler drivers will not give trucks the space needed to move over when they signal so right wrong or indifferent once you start moving into the lane needed you usually get the space you need to preform said maneuver. Not saying that is the best thing to do but I see it happen all the time, it's the old "3 blinks and start moving" rule of thumb that a lot of the supertruckers use....

#13 ·
That's not good at all. Now don't take as me defending that driver, or meaning you're a typical 4wheeler, you seem to have better sense than most.
I guess it's just some advice everyone needs to hear once in a while.
Yepper that steering wheel holder should have been in the granny lane, no doubt about it. And your right, going around on the blindside is not good, sometimes you have to though.
As safe as you try to be, you can still end up in a blindspot

Now for the advice, whenever possible, stay away, far away from a big truck. Like ARISLEY found out, not all are decent drivers, but you never know which ones.
Just to make you feel better, don't think for a moment another driver wouldn't say something to the bad actor on the CB, it happens every day. I've been known to do it when some maroon tries to take my fender off, especially in bad weather. And always think you're the only one that knows how to drive, ALWAYS expect an idiotic move from ANYONE, and be ready for it. Sometimes you just know what some are going to do, and most times they do.
Glad ya made it out alright Andy;)

#17 ·
I'm right there with you guys, there is a difference between not looking to change lanes at all and and having to "make your own spot". I am only a 4 wheel driver, but, I do have common sense. And I'd say one thing that isn't helping truckers get the courtesy they deserve is that there are getting to be a lot of "steering wheel" holders who will pull out in front of you on open road and hold you up for 5 miles while they try to pass another 18 wheeler at 1/2mph faster or worse yet, lose ground on a hill. Anyway I have respect for the truckers that deserve it. carry on.

#18 ·
wish i had taken pics of some of the 6.4ls iv done engine jobs on there the funist when the thrust washer is laying in the pan i wonder why the flex plate had the center broke out of it lol wish i took pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.