Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2006 with 6inch lift wanting to add a couple inches

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dcransto 
#1 ·
ive tried searching for the answer but cant seem to find it, i have a 06 with 6 inches of lift but want a couple more without spending a couple thousandon a 8inch lift kit, is there anything i can do, how much do you think it would cost and what parts. any help would be appreciated

#3 ·
As long as you have the ability to correct the caster for the additional height, yes you can add a spacer in the front.

Rear depends on what your current setup is. Add-A-Leaf, block, new spring pack or traction blocks may all be options depending on what your current setup is.

#4 ·
I have a 6 inch fabtech, how would the angle of the tires change if it gets lifted equally, the only thing I know I would be worried about would be the steering geometry, don't know if would change to much or not?

#5 ·
The radius arm or 4-link (depending on which you have) is placed at a steeper angle the taller the truck goes. So caster is more negative at a 8" than what it currently is at a 6".
As for lifting equally....if you lifted the rear more than then front, then yes your caster would be even more negative.

In terms of steering, you would have to check, but Fabtech may use the same pitman arm and trac bar bracket on both the 6" and 8" (I'm not sure as we really don't deal in Fabtech).
An adjustable trac bar is always nice with any height lift if you currently don't have one.

#6 ·
Ok perfect, good to know, yea I'm going to head in to 4wheel parts soon and see what I need I think I should be able to do it for around 800-1000 hopefully, I'm just tired of hearing rubbing when I go offroad with it, I think 2 inches would be enough for the tire to clear the fender wall. Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.