Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2001 F350 ICON TOYO BMF Build-up

28K views 78 replies 29 participants last post by  PWRstroke_smoke 
#1 ·
Hey, New to the forum. Been lurking for awhile thought I would post up some pics of my build so far. Truck is the 7.3l diesel has 80,000 miles on it. I picked it up for 10k. Upcoming mods 4.5" Icon Hanger System, ISSPRO gauges, TS 6 pos. chip.

When I first got Her

POWER seat conversion seats from a 2009 F150 Platinum

New Tires 35" Toyo MT on 20" BMF SOTA's

2010 f350 Tailgate Conversion

Custom Billet Badges

See less See more
#14 ·
Your truck looks pretty good! I wouldn't stop though.... Do a full '05 conversion on the front with Paint to match bumper and grille, and some harley headlights. Then an '08 PTM rear bumper would finish off the look. Sure has come a long way so far, great job!

After you all mentioned that I had a look at the harley 05/07 fronts and a conversion is definitely in the future!

i love sclb they always look great. those platinum edition seat have got to be pretty comfortable as well. keep up the good work dont stop now
Best mod I have done to the truck so far that old bench seat was awful. I have a write up for the seat install I should post up on here.

#3 ·
Your truck looks pretty good! I wouldn't stop though.... Do a full '05 conversion on the front with Paint to match bumper and grille, and some harley headlights. Then an '08 PTM rear bumper would finish off the look. Sure has come a long way so far, great job!

#17 ·
Yes i agree the mudflaps have to go I had some up front and I already ripped them off. I ordered the wheels from Norcal Nick but he sent the wrong caps they aren't deep enough and the front ones don't have the holes for the hubs.
Brock at BMF said they are sold out of the caps for my truck but should get more in by end of march

#5 ·
loos awesome, sure would love to pick up something like that. Regular cabs are the best. :D

As they said full 05 conversion with harley headlights and a black (inner) white shell grill. Those seats look awesome in there and must be comfortable as can be.

The front looks like it sits a little low though. Could the front springs be sagging maybe? Just another inch maybe 2 in the front to even it up and I think it would be absolutely friggin perfect.

#6 ·
i love sclb they always look great. those platinum edition seat have got to be pretty comfortable as well. keep up the good work dont stop now

#7 ·
Truck looks awesome dude! Are those seats from an F-150?

#18 ·
I got them from billetbadges.com they turned out perfect... if you order though be prepared to wait 1-2 months for your order!

#10 ·
#11 ·
Are the after pics with the lift or no?

#13 ·
loos awesome, sure would love to pick up something like that. Regular cabs are the best. :D

As they said full 05 conversion with harley headlights and a black (inner) white shell grill. Those seats look awesome in there and must be comfortable as can be.

The front looks like it sits a little low though. Could the front springs be sagging maybe? Just another inch maybe 2 in the front to even it up and I think it would be absolutely friggin perfect.
Yes it is sitting quit a bit lower my driveway sits at a pretty good angle so when its on flat ground it looks even worse about a 4.25 inch difference from front to rear. I bought a 4.5 icon hanger lift. I got the rear part of the lift installed yesterday but haven't had time for the front that's why it looks so low haha. Leafs actually arent broken down at all they are in really good condition so thats a plus

#26 ·
UPDATE

So I have a little progress update for everyone. I got the front part of the lift put on.
For those who are just now reading its a 4.5" Icon Hanger Kit. 35" toyos on 20"BMF. I also ditched the rack and ford mudflaps
and had a line-x premium bedliner sprayed in...enjoy

#27 ·
That truck looks sick man! Nothin like seeing it come from near stock work truck to a nice looking truck that you cant wait to show off to friends and be seen driving!:ford:

#29 ·
Thanks to everyone for all the comments. Suggestions and critique welcome too.
Update from this past weekend:

--I installed Moog Problem Solver Drag Link got rid of the washboard feeling in the steering wheel every time I hit a good pot hole. Checked out steering box too and it is good to go, with no shaft play.

Truck is riding and tracking very good I think it rides better after the Icon hanger lift!!

--Also got rid of the old homemade rack and installed a lightweight aluminum headache rack from highway products. Quality is top notch already tested it out today with a load of PT'd 2x4's. The rack is amazingly lightweight but very strong.

Shes probably more of a distraction than any help, she loves to crawl under the truck with me when im working. Best dog I've ever had.

#31 ·
A little update, I installed international Bellowed up pipes and some new Mile Marker Manual Hubs.
Next mods are the Garret Gtp38r, swamps 175/146 injectors, Wildman tuned Ts Performance Chip, and adrenaline hpop

I have everything expcept for the injectors, going to have to save for a little while longer.

#33 ·
ya probably some 05+ harley headlights, and there are no grills on the market i like, so im just gonna leave the stock black one I have now. Im hoping BMF will come out with a grill for my truck soon. I know they have been working on grills.

#34 ·
Sharp looking truck. Makes me wanna put a lift back in lol.

A set of traction bars would give it a mean stance too.

#35 ·
Love the truck... I gotta find me a single cab!

#36 ·

#37 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.