Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lift Questions..

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Hi all, New here and was wondering about what the best 8'' lift would be? I have an 01' F250 SD. I was Looking at the skyjacker with the coilover in the front, but wanted to know opinions, I was planning on running 37's maybe 38's. Thanks in Advance, and if anyone has pictures of their 8'' set-ups please post!

#2 ·
If you were looking to go coilover I would recommend the Full Traction coilover conversion instead of the Skyjacker. The Z-link causes caster change as the suspension cycles.
In terms of construction, adjustability, etc the Full Traction is superior. IMO.

Or if you wanted to stick with leaf springs, I would recommend Icon Vehicle Dynamics....which is what I currently have on my 01 SD in the 8.5" lift variety:

Let me know if you have any questions about either setup or anything else.

#7 ·
Best..a hybrid lift using hangers and 4" icons for a leaf spring truck.
Want better sell your axles and wheels and get '05 up axles and then a Pure performance 4 link front and rear coilover kit..or a std 4 link kit..will end up cheaper and much better than the kits that bolt on to your axles..plus better brakes and a much better turning radius.

Either way we can get you whats needed.

Cary

#9 ·
Great. :doh: I just heard from a friend who got a Emisson test notice for his 02 cc dually diesel.

It is killing me seeing all the tall trucks nut knowing i cant get caught again. I just broke down and ordered 37's for my 6" so i will be about 1/2" under.

#11 ·
Yeah, debating 37/13.50s or 325/60R20s for mine......either way, I'm keeping my 20x12 Welds. I would hate to ditch them for some cast wheels. I have seen a few trucks up here a good amount taller than my truck. Last year even saw "Fordzilla" that Matt built with the 49s.

#10 ·
This is my truck with 8" Icon Vehicle Dnamics setup on 38" toyo's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.