Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I need help...

5K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  1TONPSD 
#1 ·
Ok to make a long story short; i took my truck to this guy to put in some parts. he had my truck for a year and didn't finish. I brought it home and now i have a truck that is in pieces and i need help getting it all back together. there is a few main areas that i need help with.

1.) There steering column is torn down to the shaft that sticks out of the fire wall. i think i have all the pieces to put t together but i have no idea.

2.) I had him install a CPRx system on the truck, it is 90% installed but the return line needs to be installed and there is something missing right after the fuel filter assembly there is two hoses that are too short to reach each other... with out the instructions for the system i have no idea what goes here, looks like the hoses have a type of quick connect fittings on them. I talked to Bob at dieselsite and he is providing me with another instruction book on the system.

That is all i can think off for now, so if there is any of you guys on here that live near me and can give me a hand i have a fridge with beer, and a small collection of tools but will buy any tools that are needed. if anyone can help me with even diagrams or ANYTHING please shoot me a PM.

See less See more
#3 ·
If the column is torn down that far then by the sounds of how the guy worked on your truck there is probably parts missing. You would be better off just buying a column from a junk yard and swap it in. Like whytry said, just go over the whole fuel system once you get the instructions. This is why I and only I touch my vehicles.

#4 ·
If the column is torn down that far then by the sounds of how the guy worked on your truck there is probably parts missing. You would be better off just buying a column from a junk yard and swap it in. Like whytry said, just go over the whole fuel system once you get the instructions. This is why I and only I touch my vehicles.
O yeah, when it happens once that is enough to learn and try stuff on your own.

#6 ·
earlville puts you just south of paw paw?? if so, your bout a hour away from me, i'd help if you wanted. ill see if i can get you a blow up of the column, and you can compare to what you have, and we can go from there.

stupid question. are you mechanically inclined? not to be rude, just asking. some ppl cannot change a flat tire, some ppl dont wanna learn and would rather pay for it. i dont care myself, ill help either way, if you want me to.

#8 ·
Leave both batteries in. It has been tried and isn't worth the hassle especially if it is street driven.

You can get a condenser from the parts stores.

You can drill and re-tap or heli-coil the stripped hole. I have had good luck filling the hole with liquid metal/jb weld and drilling/re-tapping the hole.

#29 ·
You can drill and re-tap or heli-coil the stripped hole. I have had good luck filling the hole with liquid metal/jb weld and drilling/re-tapping the hole.

This is not a good repair. It might have worked for speed demon but Most of the repairs I do on ships are the result of "mechanics" that do stupid stuff... then come to me to make it right. Use a thread insert repair. Helicoil will work but i suggest a thin wall insert like an EZ-LOK. Much better, if it ever strips out you drill it to the same tap drill size, clean the threads and replace it.

#10 ·
i got two exploded view steering column pics from ford, one with tilt wheel, one with out tilt wheel. send me your email, and i will email them to you. as you can expect, from ford, the pics are not the greatest, but will give you a hell of a idea what you got and what you dont, and we can go from there.

#13 ·
Grey

#14 ·
Anyone tell me where I can get bolts for the flywheel to TQ converter?

#15 ·
Hardware store, junk yard, dealer.

#16 ·
Just some regular old bolt from the hardware store?? I don't have the old bolts anyone tell me the thread size and pitch??

Also dude who work on my truck broke some exhaust manifold bolts what's the thread infor on those if anyone knows.

#17 ·
get the exhaust manifold bolts from the ford dealer.... like $30 for all of em

on the others... the converter has studs and you need nuts (locknuts).... I might still have the box in the shop from where I bought some

#18 ·
The PI conveter don't have studs it is just holes...

#21 ·
WAG here, but 3\8 by 1 inch sounds about right to me. Get lock nuts. Go to a fastener store, not Home Depot. You need a good grade bolt for that. You will shear off Home Depot bolts.

#27 ·
I got a good bit figured out had to replace the bushings for the shifter tube, it is about ready to go in...I think.

Can any one pot pics of how the tensioner goes on, I know it goes under the AC compressor but any way I try the pulleys don't line up with the other pulleys. Also is it held in by two bolts or one in the center?

Anyone have a good way of oiling the turbo before I start the truck, it's been sitting for a year and it don't seem like me just starting the truck with out oil in the turbo would be a good idea.

#28 ·
Anyone got the email or phone number for pressicion industries? I looked on the web site and couldn't find it no place that says contact us nothing...I was looking from my iPhone so that might be why I couldn't find it but I won't be around a computer for a few days.

#33 ·
i took a pic of mine on the truck from a couple different angles, its not the greatest, but i also stuck the camera down between the fan blades and got a pic if the bolt in the middle. i emailed them to you, hope they help.

as for the oil in the turbo, you could always take and unhook the cps and crank for a little bit, that would pump oil through it without starting the motor.

#34 ·
I am missing something off the back of my tensioner, like a spacer of some sort

#37 ·
Ok guys I am almost to the point that all I have left is the steering column, and I have no clue on where to go with it or where these last four springs go if anyone lives in the area and can help me let me know.

#38 ·
Hey anyone tell me what length and threads the bolt is for the belt tensioner??

#40 ·
No worries man I am just gunna pick one u from ford cause it comes with the bolt too, and it is only $85.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.