Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

opinions

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Rob D 
#1 ·
I'm dropping my truck back to stock height and looking to run fuel hostages in 20x12.

I can't decide on a tire. I love the look of an aggressive tread (m/t) tire but, I don't need it. And I plan to drag race a lot.
Something like an all terrain would do fine however I don't like the bulgy tire look.

I was looking at the mickey t atz or pro comp xtreme at in a 33x13.50. Or debating a street tire. The only problem with that is camping with friends and snow is a factor

Opinions and pics are appreciated

#2 ·
I'm reading Good things about the ATZ's and the guys i work with love'em!

They give you a Mild aggressive look If thats possible LOL

I really like em,i think they will work great for what you have Planned for the Truck!

If your gonna Burn them Up :~) I would think about a set of BFG's They Ride great also but costa Little cheaper to replace...

#4 ·
Ya, I was also looking at the bfgs too... But around here there njot much cheaper than the ATZs.

What about the Pro comp xtreme at ? Or. Lol The toyo MT looks good and from what I can see doesnt seem as aggressive as other MTs

#6 ·
Really ? Like wear issues, or falling apart ?

They have a 40,000 milke warrenty

I was leaning more to the ATZ because its offered in a 13.50, which is better on a 12" rim

#8 ·
I have heard the Kumho KL71 is a pretty good tire and decently priced. I will probably be going with them next

#9 ·
I like that !
My only gripe is that its only a 12.50 :doh: And Im wondering how it would fair on a drag strip

#11 ·
Haha.. From experience I take it

#12 ·
look into a set of cooper S/T's i have them on my truck and i absolutley love them. they have real good street manners. there good in the rain and they are un fukking believeable in the snow. i can push snow with my bumper and keep on truckin' my 285/75's were $212 a piece

#13 ·
yes i forgot about the cooper S/T's. had some myself and they seemed good! and looked good!

#15 ·
That looks awesome. What rims/tires are those ?

#17 ·
Are you worried about the weight limit on the 33x12.5 Toyo MT's?
Isn't it like 2600lbs?

#19 ·
They are E rated. And my truck wasn't built with towing intentions other than a boat maybe.

And either or I am trying to steer towards a less aggressive tread in a sense. I want more of a "street" stance but I still need an all year/conditions tire.

Plus I dunno how a MT will hold up at the drag strip. But comp your truck looks badass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.