Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I know everything is bigger in Texas, but 'crazy fast' too...?

4K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  dennisr_f350 
#1 ·
Aside from their absolute disregard for safety, the rediculous drilling speed, and the fact that the rig is covered in rust and not covered in snow, I can't even wrap my head around how fast these roughnecks get 'r done.

#5 ·
Wow! No coveralls, smoking on the floor, spinning chain between ones feet (on the pipe in the mousehole no less), ducking under tongs, single choke on the pipe being replaced into the mousehole...

Maybe I'm just a stickler. You have to admit, it's still impressively fast though...

#3 ·
Wow they are really good at what they do!!

#6 ·
rust??? I think that is Texas mud LOL

#12 ·
Im bettin its drillin mud, you can see it come out of the end of the stand when they break the connection.

thats a damn accident waiting to happen but wicked fast LOL

#11 ·
Them boys was kickin a$$ and taking names.

#17 ·
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's Texas drilling mud. That looked pretty standard to me for adding a joint of pipe, you don't get paid for not drilling. However I agree, lots of safety violations there, which again points to Texas. haha...

#21 ·
Yeah, they may not be following all the rules, but there aint' nothing gay there.

To me they looked they they were so efficient that they actually knew where the chain was moving and just moved with it and did the freakin job.

They looked they they were part of the machine.

#25 ·
While I know it is different, I have never worked a Union Shop. When I was working construction, the companies I worked for had a lot less days lost to safety than the two Union construction companies that were in town.

#27 ·
Nope, blindfolded would have meant getting tangled in the chain or losing a finger. They were watching those things. But yes, I know what you men.

#28 ·
Safety is huge in the oilfield, at least here in Alberta (Canada), I can't even roll up the sleves on my coveralls, let alone not wear them. The company I currently work for has one of the best safety records in North America, that's why I picked them.

#36 ·
who do you work for?

#29 ·
Drilling mud here tends to be light brown to clay red depending on how close to the rivers you are. That job is not only physically draining but mentally aswell. You spend 12 hours a day on full alert in your head.

#31 ·
Its sad really. Gone are the days when you smashed a finger and just went with it. I saw a guy today that broke his finger when he missed what he was swinging a hammer at. They took him to the hospital for a broken finger!!! Whatever happened to a welding rod and some tape? THe oilfield is starting to turn into pansieland.

#34 ·
Its sad really. Gone are the days when you smashed a finger and just went with it. I saw a guy today that broke his finger when he missed what he was swinging a hammer at. They took him to the hospital for a broken finger!!! Whatever happened to a welding rod and some tape? THe oilfield is starting to turn into pansieland.
Not to say I, or we all, haven't had a minor injury we were willing to over look and carry on, but come on... Are you saying we should all disregard safety and our own wellbeing, and that of others, just for the sake of productivity and not looking like a pu$$y? I'm glad we work in different oilfields.

My driller had the same attitude as you, and I have him to thank for my newly installed partial prosthetic anlke/foot.

If I work in 'Pansieland', then I must have missed the sign on the way in.....

#32 ·
Yep, I remember building a house once. Dislocated a pinky. It was sticking out at a 90º angle to my hand. Walked over to the job super with my hand held out. He winced, said $hit, I bet that hurts. Grabbed it and jerked it straight. He said I bet that hurts even worse. I told him thankes, taped it to my ring finger, took a smoke break and carried on.

I know, taking the smoke break kinda made me look like a pu$$y. I was young though. Like fifteen.

#35 ·
Yep, I remember building a house once. Dislocated a pinky. It was sticking out at a 90º angle to my hand. Walked over to the job super with my hand held out. He winced, said , I bet that hurts. Grabbed it and jerked it straight. He said I bet that hurts even worse. I told him thankes, taped it to my ring finger, took a smoke break and carried on.

I know, taking the smoke break kinda made me look like a pu$. I was young though. Like fifteen.

now they wont even let you smoke at most jobs, even on break....great, just what i wanted, to be trapped in a room full of smokers that havent had a cigarette in 12 hours...:doh:

#33 ·
LOL. Sme thing when I worked off shore. The only thing different was my crane op looked at me and said I bet you won't do that again.

#38 ·
Safety is the first priority of our company, Zero accidents was ore goal untill this year, now it has become an expectation and a condition of employment. Anyone on any site, any rig move or any other function can shut it down if they see anything un-safe, I have done it several times and nothing has ever been said. On the coal side, anyone can shut down the longwall for any safety reason at all!

#45 ·
While I am all for safety, what is considered an accident. A cut you just look at and carry on. How about one you just reach into your back pocket pull out a bandaid and carry on. How about if you go to a super and have him throw a couple stiches in, or pull a finger straight. And go back to work and carry on, would any of those be considered an accident.

Those all happen on any jobsite. In my personal first aid kit, there is a couple of suture kits in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.