Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone running the II turbos?

6K views 91 replies 18 participants last post by  erikclaw 
#1 ·
I am starting to look at turbos for my next upgrade. 800 bucks difference is a suncoast clutch kit for my tranny. Ive have read the other posts but not a lot of info. Possible because EDE is better hands down. Idk. Either way its alot of money. Help me out here.

#6 ·
I was saying its 800 dollars difference between II and EDE. With the savings of buying II turbos I could start upgrading my tranny. But are the EDE turbos worth the extra money?

#7 ·
:bowfast:

#9 ·
I've heard Tadd explain the difference before, but can't remember exactly what he said. I do know that the Elite high pressure turbo has a 59mm inducer, where the Industrial has a 57mm. I think the atmospheric chargers are the same on the compressor wheel, but Elite's wheel is different. Maybe someone who remembers better can explain it.

#14 ·
the difference is in the wheels, from what i understand the II turbos just use a k31 wheel in the low pressure turbo, where tadds is a custom billet wheel that is made to flow a TON of air, I would like to see what kinda true HP difference they make on the same truck.

#18 ·
:whs:

#19 ·
Ive heard that industrial is releasing a "stage 2" version of these turbos I tried emailing them about it but I didnt get a response, anyone know anything about these?

#21 ·
I heard there is a set in testing but i dont know much about them, 64 over an 80 something if i remember right, been awhile since i heard anything though.
Thats what I want to know. It might be worth every penny to have the EDE turbos.
Yeah its hard to say and getting a compareson is even harder, I guess it really depends on how good each's atmospheric wheel is. We KNOW that tow powers are good for 680 someone dyno'd the II's but i cant remember what they dyno'd off the top of my head, and if i remember right there was a decent correction factor so apples to oranges.

#25 ·
EDE seem very confident in their switch to a 6 blade.

#23 ·
I read the guys post. Its was 591 I think. But said his trans was slipping and the turbos were only hitting 40 psi instead of the 55 on the street. Apparently the dyno did not load the motor. So it means nothing really. Long live the mystery.

#27 ·
I would pay the extra money for elites personally, I read a post by tadd on here, he said that II is using some kind of older style Borg Warner wheel that is just basically an enlarged clone of the factory wheel. The elite wheel is supposed to flow a bunch more air and it whistles more for those of us that like to buy turbos because of sound lol. Im excited to see these stage 2 II turbos!

#29 ·
Ive got a set of IIs and love them. I made 650hp with a bad trany. II made 672 with them.

#30 ·
#35 ·
Yeah they liked the green stickers they had made for my truck so much they put it on theirs.

#36 ·
i think your right dustin i remember readin that in another thread

#37 ·
Some of the guy's on the Cummins Forum complain about II like we complain about Banks. I really think that II pissed someone off over there and there is residual stuff coming from the keyboards of the wannabees. I do know that they are where they are for a reason. No one gets that big in the industry by accident. They must have good stuff to produce those results, at least to some end.

#39 ·
alot of the dodge guys i have talked to, that have delt with II are really happy with them up untill the point of where warranty or something comes up and then they dont want to answer the phone, I have heard this from multiple people and now they dont even deal with them at all, Its always hard to say, not knowing the full story.

but shawn and alot of others use there turbos with great luck so i dunno to each is his own i guess.

#42 ·
Anyone know what the truck with EDE turbos had for mods?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.