Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

carbon fiber hoods!

6K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Cratos 
#1 ·
#3 ·
crap..lets try this again.. http://###############.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83170#post83170

edit-ok, it didnt work again, the post is on another forum, ###############.com in the OBS accessories forum. and if someone who obviously has more computer skill than me could post the link because i obviously cant figure it out it would be appreciated.

#5 ·
no i tried it too and it didnt work...i hate computers:mad:

#6 ·
ok, i dont know why its being censored but the other forum is ford diesel power .com and the post is in the accessories forum. like i said i dont know why the wesite is censored but oh well.

#10 ·
with fiberglass hoods starting at 500+ shipping, upgrading to carbon fiber for another 150 bucks isnt all that much...its more of a cool factor than weight savings...but i spose if you had a fiberglass box, fenders and doors than a hood looks appetizing...

#13 ·
I could redo my ram air hood!!!! :pointlaugh:

#15 ·
I literally paid cash and picked it up and walked it out to my truck. If shipping a carbon fiber hood costs 250 bucks then it ain't really carbon fiber now is it?

#16 ·
Why the hell would I want some rice $hit on my truck?

Like Brad said, these trucks weighing as much as they do.....A carbon fiber hood aint gonna do nothing. Now, say you put that hood along with carbon fiber fenders and such on a race truck.......then things might be a little different.

Remember :psnb: and :dfpsn:

#17 ·
Why the hell would I want some rice on my truck?

Like Brad said, these trucks weighing as much as they do.....A carbon fiber hood aint gonna do nothing. Now, say you put that hood along with carbon fiber fenders and such on a race truck.......then things might be a little different.

Remember :psnb: and :dfpsn:
Rice ####? Carbon fiber was around in shooting, avionics and other interests long before "ricers" were around!

Carbon fiber dissipates heat quicker than metal. Like most materials, carbon fiber absorbs heat. But, unlike metal, the carbon fiber does not retain the heat. Combine that with a heat dissipating cowl hood and you have a very practical hood!

#23 ·
well for those of you that can walk into a store and buy parts for your truck with cash...i am totally jealous, there is no such store like that in a 4 hour driving radius of me, i have to order EVERY AFTERMARKET PART I WANT...

and who assumed that i would be leaving the plain carbon fiber on my truck?? hell no, it would be painted to match the body...only dumb ricers do the mismatched body panel thing...

this is like comparing aluminized exhaust to stainless, the aluminized works just as good and is cheaper yes, but the stainless option is out there for people who like to splurge..

#25 ·
It's not any less functional than pretending your cowl hood does something, and its not really any gayer than having stick on hood scoops

still, I don't see the point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.