Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

who has alot of experience with ipods and apple?

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  rancherstroker6 
#1 ·
so i figure out how to move music from my ipod to my computer. roughly 4000 songs. great. they all move over they all play. i unplug the ipod, there all there and play. i re plug the ipod in and sync it, everythings fine. i unplug it after i sync it and its all gone! :mad::mad::mad: WTF so most of the songs i took off disc, about 50-60 came from itunes and it wont even copy over thoes. i plan on calling apple tommorow if i cant get this f**king thing figured out.

did i mention i hate apple? and every single one of their products? well i do.

#14 · (Edited)
When it says they can't be located, there should be a button on that pop up screen to locate them. Press that, and it'll go to Windows Explorer (where your files are). Find the folder where you music is, and then find that song. If you can't find that song anywhere on your computer, then they probably got lost somehow. If you can find them, you'll have to go through every song on your computer "that can't be located" and tell it where to find that song on your computer. Then make sure all songs are check-marked and re-sync. I recommend using "manually sync" option, but you don't have to. Idk if you are doing this, but you have to "eject" your ipod from itunes before you unplug it, otherwise you run the risk of doing this. I know, its really stupid, but I've seen it happen, but it's only temporarily frozen my ipod personally. I agree with you on apple, I am completely against them, the only thing I buy are ipods, and I even hate doing that because of their shotty product quality :mad:. I don't understand why people talk them up so much, all their stuff is trash and a ripoff. And apple is so full of themselves. If only there was a better mp3 player and one that there was so many products for like the ipod, then I would never be buying apple stuff again. I've had so many problems with ipods, esp the 6 month old one that the middle button got stuck and it wouldve costed me $120 to have it fixed. When I went in to their store to get it looked at, I told the guy exactly how I felt LOL.

#7 ·
This happened to me also when I got my laptop and synced my iPod to it. I think its because iTunes system doesn't recognize the songs from the CD as part of their media it only sees it as "audio files" on the computer so when you sync them to the new computer with the new iTunes it says doesn't take what it sees as random "audio files" and only transfers "iTunes songs". Get what I'm saying?

#10 ·
Go back to the original PC you first synced with. Sync it again. Make sure this time you enable "disc use". If not an option check "manually manage music". Try again. I've done it multiple times. Like said before,Apple is trying there hardest from keeping you from sharing music. There's no money in free music.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.