Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

rotary engines

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  JLDickmon 
#1 ·
explain to me how they work, efficiency of them etc etc, pros cons, everything... i've been curious about their exact operation for awhile now...
also didn't know where to put this but i'm assuming there will be some sort of smack talking about the pros and cons so whatever

#8 ·
There loud, dont get that great of milage, have a tendency to over heat, wear out the teflon seals, can be reved to infinity,and you can spray the snot out of them.

#10 ·
I was going to say, that red line on the tach is just for looks. There is no red line. That is my entire knowledge of the radial engine. Oh and the trailing plugs are a b!tch to change on a Ranger.

#14 ·
Fuk a rotary. Especially an RX8.

They're finicky, the economy is terrible, the plugs, wires and coils last 20K miles and are $400 a pop, they don't make much power NA, and they use engine oil to lubricate the combustion process, which builds carbon, which blows the MF'rs up...

I'd rather own a Gremlin.

#15 ·
I had a mid 80's one. Great car. Great mpg and ran flawless till the seals finally got bad. When it rained it wouldnt crank and once it wouldnt crank you had to tow it to start it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.