Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

nitto tires

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  lead foot 
#1 ·
im running 35'inch nitto alterans and i like them so far. my father has the same tires on his '11 Toyota tundra. now i know diff truck but they work great for both of us. just wanted to see if anyone else runs them, and if they notice any pros or cons.

#3 ·
I have about 20,000 on my terra grapplers. I've rotated every 5k miles and have no uneven wear. Here are my pros and cons:

285/75/16 load-D
Pros-20k miles and confident I could squeeze atleast 35k.
Great traction on wet or dry roads.
Balanced once and have stayed that way.
Nice quiet smooth ride.

Cons-No traction off-road.
Packs with mud and doesn't clean

For what I paid for mine ($123.00each) I would get them again but my price has went up and I'd rather something with off-road traction so I will not be getting them again. Only if I bought a 2nd set of rims for every day driving would I get another set. They did impress me once but the 3 times I got stuck they did not. For someone who wants a long lasting all terrain for every day driving I would recommend them

#4 ·
I have had terra grapplers on the past two trucks ive owned dodge 1500 and my 7.3 f250 i have 37s on my ford and have around 15000 miles on em towing boats to from and trailers around for work and play and they look new.

Have to agree that they suck pretty bad in any mud but gravel sand dirt roads they do great.

Ill never buy bfg all terrains ever again

#5 ·
I just switched to them in 35's on my F350 and while only 5k miles I'm very happy with them...much quieter than my mud grapplers. So far so go.

#6 ·
i had them on my 95 powerstroke. they did good on dry pavement but thats about it. I love my mud grapplers!

#7 ·
Mug grapplers are nice, but mine wore out fast & they are louder then Hell!! 3x louder then my Claws & way smaller. 46" claws & 38" grapplers.

#8 ·
i get 30k to 35k out of mine with 50% of that bein off road. you dont like sounding like a WWII aircraft comin down the road? LOLLOL

#9 ·
:doh: got it weather I like it or not haha, yea I dont mind it. they sure look sweet to!

#10 ·
Im running 325x65x18 Terra Grapplers, i dont mind them. Not much road noise but do suck off road. My next set will either be Trail Grapplers or Military tires though.

#11 ·
Im thinking off getting the trail grapplers in a 33x12.5. For anyone who has them how do you like them? I will be doing alot of offroading with them up and down pipeline right of ways. If he original thread maker wants this deleted let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.