Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Turbo pedestal ?

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  aklim 
#1 ·
If i replace my pedestal with a non EBPV, where do i plug the wire that plugged into the old one? The wire I'm talking about plugs in at the base of the factory pedestal.. My pedestal now is leaking oil out of the rod pretty bad... give me a few options..thanks

#3 ·
Depending on what you have, you might be able to just tape it off or you might have to buy a terminator like mentioned above. In my case, because I have an Excursion and it is considered a Kalifornia truck, any sensor disconnected will cause a CEL light so you need the terminator. Just run without it and see what happens.

#5 ·
I used the kit and it didn't work. Probably because the bore got scored somehow. Replaced the entire thing and it still leaked. Someone told me that their shop had to go thru 3 rebuilds before they found one that held.

Maybe a better option is to gut the thing and wire the EBPV shut permanently?

#7 ·
I have a perfectly working valve and controller that is going to be replaced with Garrett non-ebpv stuff. I hate the thing.

#11 ·
any chance of starving anything for oil while the ecm is commanding ebpv actuation? Might a person need to also plug the oil gally in the pedestal that supplies the ebpv servo?

#12 ·
I used to hear lots af talk about that. I have never heard of any one having an issue from it though. And with the numbers of pedistals that have been modded, I would think it would have appeared by now.

Just saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.