Front rotor replacement on a 95 4x4 DRW - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > F-250 & F-350 1986-1997 & Other Ford Trucks > 1994-1997 Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:40 AM
Rusty-Ford
350 Dump Stroker 4x4
Member's Gallery

Front rotor replacement on a 95 4x4 DRW

Hey guys i have searched some and haven't found a lot of clear info on what is involved in replacing the front rotors on my 95 f350 drw 4x4. I think i understand that the hub has to come apart and there are the axle nuts in there to come out. Do i then have to take the hub off and have the rotor pressed off? I have seen some rotor hub combos to buy but i already have a set of just rotors to put on.

BTW i am replacing them because my driver side rotor has a heat crack in the outer surface. I have been putting it off since i wasn't sure and didn't want the truck down for a while in case it snowed.

Also if anyone has a video link that would be cool as videos are very helpful for me to learn.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 06:33 AM
speeddemon31176
Demon Dually
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176
Re: Front rotor replacement on a 95 4x4 DRW

To change the rotors on a drw 4x4 you will have to do this:

1. Jack up one side of the truck so you can remove the tire.
2. Remove the tire.
3. Remove brake caliper and caliper mounting bracket.
4. Remove the lockout. If auto hub 3 allen bolts, if manual 6.
5. Remove phillips head screw and then the gear and spring.
6. Remove outer lock nut, indexing washer, and inner lock nut.
7. Remove outer wheel bearing by pulling outward on hub assembly and then sliding it back toward axle back plate.
8. Remove hub assembly.
9. Lay hub assembly down with back of rotor facing you.
10. Using plenty of penetration oil, remove all bolts securing rotor to hub. An impact gun is your friend. If you don't have one, take the hub assembly and new rotor to a garage and ask them to swap the rotors for you.

Reverse order to reassemble. Tighten inner nut to 50 lb ft while spinning hub by hand. This helps to seat the bearings. Then back it off 1/8-1/4 of a turn to align pin on nut with hole in indexing washer. Then tighten outer nut to 150 lb ft.
97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
Old 02-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Rusty-Ford
350 Dump Stroker 4x4
Member's Gallery

Thank you! It looked like it was bolted on but everyone kept telling me it was pressed on. I hope to tackle it next week sometime. Should have done it last week as now it is snowing and calling for snow again tomorrow. Hope she holds up.

Thanks again!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:21 AM
speeddemon31176
Demon Dually
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Single wheel hub/rotor assemblies are held together by the wheel studs being pressed in from the back. Ours are held on by a bunch of stubborn a$$ bolts.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 64
04yfzkid, 08psdbeast, 94idi, 96Powerstrokin, 97WhiteGhost, Aaron_Dieringer, abbottfarms, awehrmann, barney1, bigblock_ford1969, biggreen96, bluemax, brfootball45, bryan213, Buddy B, Bushwakd, cimarron13, Coueshunter, csx7006, cummins kid, dalejrfan88, davey99ps, Deerslayer42694, Denver, Dirt Dummy, Dirtyboy82, dlmater, DNSPSD, dsinderson, DubLyf, dutchwillis, EverettWV, farmall16, fordtough97, Freeze Plug, lossscause, lovesdunes, madpogue, mean matt, MustangMatt96GT, odandy, ole red, Patrick Feeley, patricku47, powerstrokecarl, procomp, pstroke96, radcustoms, rancherstroker6, redneckboarder, redpower, rodeo_man, rpm-inc, Rusty-Ford, rusty1161, schaskin, silvrmax04, speeddemon31176, swamp_ratt, timfinnegan, tyler886, washingtoncoastie, ~NASTYSTROKER96~