Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hypermax Inline setup

10K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  Twisted Addiction 
#1 ·
I'm sure most of us have heard of Hypermax's kit to make these mechanically injected, but for $16k price tag im sure they arent flying off the shelves. Was just curious if anybody knew of anyone actually running it, what it was putting down for numbers and how they liked it?

#2 ·
Double Overtime (the pulling truck in our banner with two hoodstacks) is running a p-pumped 7.3 motor. Im not quite sure on the numbers but i think it was around 1500-1750 HP.

#3 ·
I don't know anyone running Hypermax's setup - but there are a handful of p-pumped trucks around and running using other home grown and commercial setups.

Double Overtime (the pulling truck in our banner with two hoodstacks) is running a p-pumped 7.3 motor. Im not quite sure on the numbers but i think it was around 1500-1750 HP.
DOT is a whole lot closer to 2400HP than 1750HP. The tube chassis mod truck class all seems to run 2200+ ponies these days - 1500 is more like the single charger open driveline class on an OEM frame.

#6 ·
DOT is a whole lot closer to 2400HP than 1750HP. The tube chassis mod truck class all seems to run 2200+ ponies these days - 1500 is more like the single charger open driveline class on an OEM frame.
ah..I see. Like I said i wasnt quite sure. Im not much into sled pulling.

#4 ·
They actually have one running and have a couple videos of it. They split a few blocks and I believe that was behind them making that CGI block. I don't think that 16k is that bad for what you are getting, the pump is 30% of the price. I thought Swamps was going to have an option linked to their new front cover that they are using on their CR conversion. That was a while ago that it was mentioned though. You could also piece it together from various manufactures. But the pump is still going to cost mucho either way.

#20 ·
p-pumping a 24 valve is way easier than a powerstroke, On a cummins I think you dont even have to change the injectors but I'm not 100% sure on that. a 7.3 needs a gear cover, gears, valve covers, injector adapters, injectors, intakes, lines, pump, rockers arms, and sure there is more

#23 ·
That thing is so cool. I love the out of the box thinking.

P pump is simple and that is why I am putting a p pumped motor in my truck. But I am slowly believing that the future is electronic, just like it was for the gas motor sports a decade or so ago. In all reality, if you wanna do it, just do it and have fun. You can make big power and have many different options down the road.

#30 ·
I have been to Troika's shop and they have a very complete and proven setup. Sam and his crew are very stand up guys, but he will not at this time sell the parts individually. I am pretty sure Swamps front cover is actually Troika's front cover and that is possibly the reason Dave cannot sell it to you.

#36 ·
i was told troika got a cover from wipe out and then sent it back. just what i herd. I'm working on a p pump 7.3 right now and when calling and asking about front covers thats what i was told

#37 ·
i was told troika got a cover from wipe out and then sent it back. just what i herd. I'm working on a p pump 7.3 right now and when calling and asking about front covers thats what i was told
I'm not taking a dig at at you, but here's the thing. If your gonna make statements like you did earlier about other people copying other's because that's what you "heard" when you really have no clue, you potentially open yourself up to a barrage of attacks. If you heard it from somebody, don't hold back and let us know who. Obviously if they ran their mouth to somebody who calls in on the telephone, they probably are throwing care and caution to the wind and leaking their comments on the forum wont matter to them, that is unless they are talking out their ass, which I believe to be the case here. I'm confident I know where you heard this from. If it came from where I think it did, it wouldn't surprise me considering his less then stellar business plan

#38 ·
Twisted is right that we had a wipeout cover and sent it back, it was not what we were looking for so we developed our own based of the OEM cover. It is also correct that the swamps cover is similar to ours. The same shop that makes our cover makes swamps cover for them. Our cover was designed to be used with the OEM brackets and accessories, that's what set ours apart from everyone elses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.