Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

fass or airdog???

11K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  powerstroke cowboy 
#1 ·
hey guys just curios which is better for an early 99 fass or airdog? i run a ts 6 stage chip and im maxing my stock pump out i think. any advice to get more fuel to my motor? thanks

#6 ·
Go to this site Strickly diesel is just one of the sponsors that sells a kit. Use the search button.
Like southmike said, your 15* HPOP (high pressure oil pump) will limit your hp before your fuel pump will. With your E99 setup your turbo, HPOP and injectors are smaller then late 99-03 7.3's
Do you get a check engine light?
Your not putting out any big HP numbers with just a chip.

#4 ·
You high pressure pump is what peters out, that and stock injectors and tubo could be larger.

#5 ·
You would have to put a fuel pressure gauge on to measure the drop of fuel pressure. But I have heard of the fass messing up. There a lot more pumps out there beside the airdog and fass. And I would deffently do a RR. Just type it in the search box.

#9 ·
I don't think fuel would be an issue if all you have is a tuner with stock injectors.. my guess would be your hpop.. defin get a regulated return and start with some other stuff, exhaust an intake if you don't have anyand look into getting a larger hpop.

#10 ·
Well Airdog is the daddy and Fass is the son , the daddy has been around a long time and the son hasnt. Its to my understanding that the father and son had a falling out and the son went out and made his own pump. I like the airdogs myself.

Like said above i doubt its fuel , i run a airdog ... but mainly for fuel/water/air separation.My stock pump supplies my engine.

#13 ·
You truck has a 15*hpop I'm pretty sure you can upgraded to a 17* hpop from a late 99.5-03 superduty 7.3

#22 ·
ideally if you want the max performance yes. with stock turbo , and injectors no real diff.
realistically the oem fuel bowl can hold a 600 hp truck which covers 90% of all daydreamers out there.
so get rid of it as a cosmetic change if that is your fancy.

a rr will help a stock truck to a performance truck. sinister( strictly diesel), di make great reg returns.

an adrenaline , stealt srp1, or joeies t1 would be a great hpop improvement...if not a solid 17° would be good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.