Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

? For you guys lowering...

2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Pdt1081 
#1 ·
So my truck has stock suspension and im hopefully getting rid of the ranch hands soon and going for the street look. Now I want to lower it but not SLAM IT! I was thinking about taking out one of the rear block on each side of the rear axle. Would it sit level with the front? Would I have to get airbags and longer u-bolts if I take one of the blocks out? I just need some guidance on what to do correctly the first time so I dont have to spend more money down the road on the suspension. Also would shocks be a problem as well?

#3 ·
I believe so, but doesnt the stock suspension sit kinda at an angle? the back is always higher than the front correct?

#4 ·
The stock block is like 1 3/4", called 2" for some reason. Removing that block will put the back end damn near level. It'll have a squatted look to it, mostly due to the "bulge". These trucks have up front. Of course, I like that look though.

#5 ·
the level look or the tilted look?

#6 ·
also would taking out the blocks affect my towing any? I dont hardly tow, maybe 6 times a yr max, but I will be pulling a bass boat this spring slash summer.

#7 ·
I like the ass down maybe about an inch. Towing won't be affected, after I did my leveling kit on the front and still had the 250 blocks in the rear, it sat ass down. 500 lbs of tongue weight made it look pretty squatted but I have airbags.

#8 ·
so you think i should get some airbags? if so what brand?

#9 ·
I took out the blocks on the back of my F-250 and it sat too low for my liking, so I ordered a set of 1" blocks from ICON. Sits perfect now, I absolutly love the stance and it will look even better once I get some 20x10's and some nice wide tires. Shoot me you phone number via PM and I'll send you a couple of pics of what my truck looked like without any blocks.

-French

#10 ·
pm sent to French

#11 ·
I've got firestone ride rites, I love em. I tow more than you do, and I'm gonna assume that I tow heavier as well. The bags with about 15 psi will give it a little lift in the back, and smooth the ride out, pulling a boat. My car trailer with a car in it, sits level with no air needed, but I'll throw in 25 or so, and it smoothed the ride, and stabilizes it when towing.

#12 ·
So im guessing you have the onboard air ride system correct?

#13 ·
Nope, I've got my fill lines ran out the back, and ran the air lines through the top license plate mount holes. With the caps on, it blends in nicely with the bottom bolts.

#14 ·
Send me pics of those when you get the chance to please.
I really just want to buy air bags and not have a system you know?

#16 ·

This is no air pressure with my 24' car trailer behind me. I'm gonna post 2 pics, but this one cuts the trailer out so you can see the stance. This is perfect height front to rear for me. Measure it with a tape measure and it's level...but in reality the back is lower due to bulge of the hood.

This is a pic of it sitting in my garage...leveling kit and f350 block. I'm fixing to pull the blocks out and put my 250's back in.

#17 ·
I don't "need bags" either. I like them for just in case instances. Removing the block will do more than barely set it down, it will be very noticeable. With the back end sitting lower, anything he puts on the back of it is going to be exaggerated since it's already nose up. Also, nobody likes the jackass going down the road at night with his headlights pointed at the sky. Airbags, will do away with that.

#19 ·
Alright awesome, thanks for the pics man. Once my truck is out of the shop, I might do this and see how it looks.

Hey Colton whats up, did you take your blocks out? I know you went from a lift and then went back down.

#22 ·
Dillon(fordfreak4life) has dibs on the front. For the rear I want an 08 paintable rear.

#25 ·
I guess some people took my recommendation for airbags as saying that you'll need them. What I meant was...with the ass up stance as the trucks have stock, once you put a load on them, it may drop to totally level...awesome. Well, when the ass end is level with the front end, and you put that same load on, it's gonna look like it's dragging the ass bad, even though your overloads may not even be touching. That happened to me after I lowered it back down, pull my pressure washer trailer and it would hardly move down..put my car trailer on, and I stood back thinking "holy shlt!"...it looked like I had 3k lbs in the bed. That's why I put my bags back on, for the times when you put something heavier on, just bump some air into them. The rest of the time they're empty. If all you pull is a bass boat, no biggie..put a gooseneck of any sort on, and watch your receiver drag the ground.

#27 ·
That happened to me after I lowered it back down, pull my pressure washer trailer and it would hardly move down..put my car trailer on, and I stood back thinking "holy shlt!"...it looked like I had 3k lbs in the bed. That's why I put my bags back on, for the times when you put something heavier on, just bump some air into them.
Squatting a truck that bad may draw some unintended attention, as in :pullover:

My truck doesn't have overloads so I will be putting my airbags back in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.