Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel Pressure Gauge

4K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  jdc753 
#1 ·
Do you have to have a FP gauge? Or is it just good to have? I'm trying to decide if I should get one or not.
I still have the stock fuel system in.

#3 ·
Oh ok. and not really, I was just reading around and one my friends also told me a FP gauge is a good thing have on a 6.0

#5 ·
Ok thanks. I'll probably just stick to the basics then, EGTs, boost, trans temp and all that.

#6 ·
I see you live in somewhat of a winter climate, am I right...? Consider a voltmeter guage before a fuel pressure... I did the volt, EGT, water temp, oil temp in a four guage A pod, and a FP under the hood, just a thought for when you're ready for it all...

#7 ·
Lol no I took those pics when I drove up to the snow for the day.
Here where I live in the valley it doesn't get that cold. And thanks:ford:

#9 ·
do not listen to anyone who says a FP gauge is not a necessity on a stock 6.0... it sure as hell is..

These injectors HATE low fuel pressure, run them low and they fail... they NEED at least 45 psi of fuel... get the updated blue sring in the regulator, 6.4 banjo bolts and a FP gauge and KNOW your injectors will be happy.

#12 ·
Interesting... Where do you have it plumbed into your stock fuel system? Did you have a low fuel pressure issue, and did this guage help you locate the source of the low pressure issue?

Not trying to be a d!ck, just wondering...

If someone is to 'not listen to anyone.....' it should be backed up with reason... shouldn't it?

#14 ·
Why does everyone insist on doing the "Boost, EGT, Trans Temp" gauges?

EGT is a good one to have, Boost is practically useless unless your racing it, and trans temp is basically a money waster.

The four most important gauges on a 6.0:

1. Fuel Pressure
2. EGT
3. Oil Temp
4. Coolant Temp

There are so many different problems you can diagnose with just these gauges. Water Pump? Gaskets? Fuel Pump? Injectors? The list goes on and on.

But what the hell do I know? lol

#17 ·
Why does everyone insist on doing the "Boost, EGT, Trans Temp" gauges?

EGT is a good one to have, Boost is practically useless unless your racing it, and trans temp is basically a money waster.

The four most important gauges on a 6.0:

1. Fuel Pressure
2. EGT
3. Oil Temp
4. Coolant Temp

There are so many different problems you can diagnose with just these gauges. Water Pump? Gaskets? Fuel Pump? Injectors? The list goes on and on.

But what the hell do I know? lol
Hmmm, that is indeed a good set of guages to have... but what do we know...

#15 ·
:whs:
A FP gauge is one of the single most important gauges for catching a fuel/injector related issue before something goes way bad. (Read $$$$$).

Stock or not, if your HCFM gets weak, you won't realize it without a gauge. You'll think you're truck is running fine. All the while you're unknowingly giving your injectors a slow death.

I'm under the impression the OPs truck is stock. Stock or modded, 6.0 injectors are probably the pickiest stick out there. There are a few "insurance policies" for keeping your 6.0 alive and happy. A FP gauge is one of them.

#18 ·
I'm gonna get a FP gauge. My truck is going to stay stock for a while.
And later on I'll get an insight or something. But for now I think I should be ok.
Also I've had those other gauges from my old truck and I just wanted to know if a FP gauge was worthy before I chose the pod.... quad pod or the triple pod..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.