Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

LIFTED TRUCKS

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  HighOn22's 
#1 ·
Need a little help. I have an 8'' lift on the truck in my sig. Cant get rid of vibration. Trying to figure out the combo. between carrier bearing drop and shim in the rear springs. I know I need ladder bars, but I'm trying to get my driveline angles right before I install ladder bars.

#2 ·
When do you feel the vibration? When you start off, or is it at a particular speed?

I would start with a carrier bearing drop. I have the one from OUO that is completely adjustable, it isn't too bad of price either. Truck Toyz has them.

Pictures would help too of your setup...

#12 ·
I'm having this issue at start off. Once I reach 15mph it goes away. I have a 2010 CC Short Bed. The rear has the factory block and a 6" OUO block. I put (7) 1/4" shims on the carrier since thats what the prevoius owner of the lift had on his. I was told rule of thumb is normaly (1) 1/4" shim for every 1" of lift. With that being said I have 6" of lift in the rear so may need to take one on the 1/4" shims out.

#3 ·
If you do the ladder bars and it helps, its only putting a bandaid on the issue. The vibration is most likely caused by the
1)carrier bearing drop not being the correct drop
2) if the carrier bearing drop is correct, make sure its torqued correctly and installed correctly, a loose one or incorrectly installed one will not properly support the carrier carrier bearing allowing vibrations
3) lastly, check the alignment shims on the rear axle spring perches...make sure they are installed the correct way, and that they are the correct angle of shim to properly set your correct pinion angle

#5 ·
You beat me to it! That is the cheapest more reliable way to fix it IMO. :ford:

#8 ·
Do you know why?? I have a CC short bed, with 4:88's from 3:73's

#10 ·
My truck is a cc short bed. The shaft cost me around 450. Best money Ive spent on this truck yet. I plan on doing gears next. I think i'm going to go with 430's. What is everyone else running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.