Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4R100 Pump

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  olyaee 
#1 ·
How does it come out? Pics?

I have the trans secured up on it's end, filter off, but I hesitated to drop the slide hammer down in as I never done this before. Is a special slide needed?

#3 ·
Nice. I've never pulled one though.... I don't know what exactly is coming out? How deep down does this Threaded slide hammer need to go? Am I in the right direction.?.?

I pulled the input shaft from the center, looked down but didn't see any threads...:confused:

Pardon my confusion, I've never done this before. Any help is appreciated.

#4 ·
There are two threaded holes that when you thread bolts in using the angle iron across the face of the trans it will pull the pump out. At least that is how I do it. I use all thread with nuts on the end to make it long enough. Here is a thread with a pic from another forum that should help.
Removing pump on 4r100 trans (pics inside) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

#5 ·
That makes perfect sense. Thank you.

I kept thinking that the slide itself was supposed to thread in the trans some how. I'm still trying to picture exactly how it's all held together, but I'm sure I'll figure it out through the process.

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.