Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

315/75's

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ckbed 
#1 ·
Ive searched but not found a clear answer, if there is one. Im thinking about going to get new tires real soon, Id be getting them installed at the shop so I would need to know if 315/75's would fit....Or if the front bumper needs spaces out, how much would be a good amount? When would they rub, just on turning or what?

Heres my truck if this helps...

See less See more
#2 ·
They will fit but you will have to space the bumper forward. You might also have to trim the inside lower corner of the bumper as well.

#4 ·
Not unless you want to tear up your new tires and relocate the bumper.

#8 ·
Just get longer mounting bolts and add some sort of spacer between bumper and frame. I Used a piece of 1" thick metal and cut into two strips, then drills the two holes for mounting into each one and done.

#7 ·
my truck has 315s the bumper is trimmed on the corner a little and still looks good. wat size are on there now, if they are 285 a 315 will not fit.

#11 ·
265's are whats in my pictures. I just got back from looking at some 285/75's at Les Schwab I might try to get. If I were to go with 315/75's, would that big of tire help the front end wear out faster? Is the bumper the only thing 315/75's would rub on?

#12 ·
If you are using the factory wheels then you haven't changed the wheel offset and therefore you haven't changed any lateral load on the bearings. The difference you may find is a loss in power depending on the gear ratio in your rears. You may have a little rub at full turn on the steering with the springs but that is it, if you shim the bumper and trim it.

#17 ·
I don't get why'd you'd wanna stuff tires under there like that anyways. Just get the ones that actually fit. If you'r trimming your bumper on anything other than a wheeler, you don't have enough lift....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.