Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

350cc. AB code with 200% nozzles for the cost of 238/100s?

8K views 86 replies 22 participants last post by  TylerDurden 
#1 ·
If you could get 350cc. AB code with 200% nozzles AND a dual HPOP setup for the same cost as 238CC/100s would you? My constraint is the small 38r I'm running and I want to keep this a DD rig. I'm assuming that tuning could keep this all in check...

Is it worth it?

#2 ·
YES! Its a great deal! Then just sell the injectors for what you want and you have a free hpop!

#4 ·
Why no?

#8 ·
Yeah but if he sells the sticks for the ones he wants he'll have a free hpop.

#10 ·
For what it's worth, injectors are flow tested, verified good to go. The HPOPs are also gtg.....

#12 ·
Sounds like someone has some personal experience in this situation. I would take his word for it then.

#15 ·
I'm tracking that the 38r is WAY to small. What about de-tuning? Or just a bad idea all around?

#18 ·
:shrug: that's what the guy said, I'm trying to get more info. I would think they are single shot...

#23 ·
He said they're singles and will send me all the data he has on them tonight...I'm guessing hybrids with an AB selonoid. I keep seeing the 38r mentioned; I was planning on going to a bigger turbo in the next month anyhow..but want to keep the Ex as a reliable DD...are these injectors just too big for that?

#25 ·
Yes, you *CAN* run the 38r with those injectors seriously detuned. But with the 200% tips and depending if they are b codes or hybrids, she will be smokey. Fuel atomization could be a problem, but manageable.

#26 ·
Man i would do it!

If they are really only 1700-1800 for the hpop and injector combo you can easily re-sell them on here and make some money!

I dont know about running them in your truck, i dont know much about Bcodes but i would do it just because its a good deal and you can re sell! Those injectors are worth more than a grand and so is the HPOP setup. Thats $2k at minimum right there, and you say it costs the same as new hybrids which are between 1600-1800 right now

#30 ·
Jap knows how crappy my truck was with the 300 b-codes with no big oil. it was a turd.

If these are true b-codes then this would be a semi decent deal, excluding the parts that yall dont know yet....and is up to the OP to disclose.

Im still a fan of keeping things simple, some stock hybrids on a stock hpop with a 38r would be more than enough for what the OP wants, and you dont have to worry about hpop's, tuning, blah blah etc.

#37 ·
People seriously need to come around to the fact that a 200% EDM nozzle is a hell of a clean running nozzle when tuned like you've got some sense.

If you want a clean 145rwhp.... you should tune it that way.

If you want a clean 200, 300, or 400rwhp with the 38R simply tune accordingly.

We've got to shake this mindset that a 200% nozzle is smokey just because most of the existing tuning written for smaller nozzles makes them run that way. Pull the pw back into the 1 to 2ms range max and enjoy the best DD nozzle available for a 7.3L powerstroke in the 400 to 600hp range.

But if you just plop them in a truck and call for 3+ms of pw all the time.... then yeah, they're gonna smoke, a lot.

#76 ·
Why in the hell arent you tuning for people? I understand your mindset on tuning inj and Im surprised this isnt commonly accepted practice. It makes more sense to me than using pw #'s for smaller inj and transferring them to tuning for a large nozzle.

#41 ·
The issue up to just recently is cost. you can pick up used duals for less than half the price of a big single. Now with the new stealth out that may not be an issue. But it still has not been out long enough to have it wrung out yet. Most likely everything will be GTG. It seems to hold well for 200% pushed to what stock bottom ends can take.

I was under the impression these were either B codes or hybrids. With big oil either will be good although I would prefer a hybrid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.