Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.7 -6.4

17K views 76 replies 33 participants last post by  captainhindsight 
#1 ·
Step dad jsut bought a 2011 crew cab 6.7

How do these compair to the 6.4? chip intake exhaust and be 500? Just havent heard much about modding them.

#6 ·
I was thinking about this at work tonight! the engine bay is so Full where the heck they gonna stick another Turbo If it's bigger LOL

How the heck they gonna get twins under there LOL

Guess they will have to come up with one of those funky hoods that has places shaped in it for the turbos to fit in ???

It will be cool to see what the Tunner guys come up with,I can't wait...

#37 ·
hahahahaha looks like H&S is fudging dyno numbers all around.

When they posted 508rwhp and just over 1000rwtq on the LML duramax, I suspected they were just insulting our intelligence. Now that they are posting 500/1000 on the 6.7 I think its now confirmed that they are full of crap.

If they spent as much time tuning the trucks as they did tuning their dyno, maybe they would have something. But until then, all I saw was a video 508 DYNO HORSEPOWER LML that looked like it was putting out about 420 REAL WORLD horsepower. Both their 6.7 and LML videos are lame. Lots of smoke, decent amount of noise, zero real-world getup and go. :poke: :doh:

ben

#12 ·
True.. But the bar id say is untouchable for dpf delete, tune and intake. 6.4 turns into a beast. We gotta see a 6.7 do high 12s to run with a 6.4 on basic upgrades.. And there is still a ton of aftermarket parts being developed for the 6.4 its still a fairly new motor.

#16 ·
Just bought a 6.7, have a few 6.4's, and a ton of 6.0's. The 6.4 will be the last easy to modify Ford Powerstroke unless they cut the EPA from the budget completely. The 6.7 has way too much emissions to even resemble an OE once modified. The NOX filter over the passenger valve cover and plastic maze of duct work for the turbo system is insane. The 6.7 is more like a euro diesel. At idle it sounds just like my V10 TDI Touareg.

I'm sure the tuning will eventually be able to get well into the 500 range. This turbo configuration may be the future of turbo systems. I'm sure they will eventually find ways to increase air flow, that always seems to be the easy parts. Fuel supply seems to be the magic ingredient for huge power. As long as ya got common rail and CP's it shouldn't be a problem. Just gotta have the money to not care about giving up your warranty or be worried about passing smog.

#17 ·
with my mini and and the ts about half way im running rail pressure low enough to set a p0093, large leak detected, and limping it.

#25 ·
haha. The 6.7 is trash i dont like it. Or the new interior. If I totaled my truck and had to get a new one it would be a cr 5.9 or another 6.4

#27 ·
Id rather buy a 6.2 gasser than a dodge!

#28 ·
I would never own a dodge but the 2012 dodge looks like they did some work to the cummins. 800 tq and how they raise the hp throughout the power band is pretty sweet. Other then that dodges are pieces of ####.

#38 ·
Agreed.
The 6.7L looks like it takes an afternoon's worth of time to overcome the turbo lag, and then goes nowhere.
If I were H&S, I don't think I would be posting any videos at this time. It might ruin potential sales..
Are the LML/LLM engines showing the same difference in performance potential as the 6.7/6.4??

#39 ·
That's why if I had one... I wouldn't even bother with the H&S... wait til some trans tuning gets involved (Spartan, Innovative, etc.)

#40 ·
The only hope the 6.7L has right now is with Mike from KEM. He is the only one (that I know of) who has successfully mated the transmission/engine communication with streetable success.
I also know who the guy was that unlocked the 6.4 for what it is.
I know Mike has contributed to H&S, and I also know that no one else has stepped up with any kind of sellable tune.

So Mike, what's coming?????

#45 · (Edited)
I actually talked to Eric this morning and was going to let him state the facts because honestly I dont know all of them..

I do know this.. Eric has owned 2 6.7 and has successfully dpf deleted and tuned both the engine and transmission. He also made 478 whp 5 months ago and ran 14.22 on the extreme STREET tune. That hp number also came from his dyno which if you have paid attention at all you would know most people complain that their numbers are LOWER than normal. The 14.2 time came from a CCSB truck that had every option known to man and i would think weighs close to 8500#. Im not sure about the power numbers on the new tune but i can tell you that it is faster than my 6.4 on the extreme street tune which i ran 13.5 on.

For anyone to say that Mike from KEM is the only hope for 6.7 is just foolish.. There are many great tuners out there and IDP was the first one to communicate with both tuning and returning to stock on multiple trucks not trucks with unlocked pcm's.

And for anyone to say that Mike from KEM is the one who unlocked the 6.4 to what it is is amazing......... I have made 560-600whp on fuel with stock air and fuel on multiple dynos and backed it with a stack of 12.8-12.9 quartermile times with 6" lift and 37" tires with stock trans and no traction bars at multiple tracks..

I am not a IDP cheerleader and im not saying Mike isnt great at what he does what I am saying is other people are great to and do be foolish and make simple statements

#47 ·
This thread is taking off haha. The way I look at it the 6.7 is still young one day they might catch up to the 6.4 but only time will tell. Though I would like to see kem's power since they claim 14.4 in the quarter.

#48 ·
Agreed.. It took 2 years to get the 6.4 where it is now and tuners still find little things to tweek.. Ive been told that the 6.7 will be limited to the stock turbo setup.. It just doesnt move enough air.

#52 ·
This is the same type of stuff we heard with the 6.4 tuning. We are all currently developing parts, tuning devices, etc. You'll be amazed at what's around the corner. There are videos floating around of our trucks at the track, dyno, and the flashing process.

Both rail pressure and airflow are limiting factors to pushing the truck over 500rwhp right now.

#55 ·
With all due respect, we did NOT hear all of the same stuff with the 6.4L. Never did we hear that there were air charge and fuel pressure issues..
Once the initial programs from Spartan and yourself were released, the tunes came fast, and came big. My truck makes the big power, and there isn't one single developed part, other than the tuner that I currently run to make that power.

So, what is the deal here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.