Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Back seat squeak

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  kingranch1 
#1 ·
My back seat ( the part that is driver's side and center all in one unit) is squeaking like a mother.. I took off the plastic cover on the side and all the bolts are tight?

#2 ·
I swear i got the same problem. Mine is worse when i got people back there and going around a corner. Its so annoying. It'll happen on back roads too going over bumps. Im confused. I've checked the bolts. Tried jumping around on it and got nothing.

#5 ·
Yep mine too, was not there before the dealer replaced the fold down center console. I have looked and looked but can't find a reason for it. I do know my 06 had retainers on the seat beltsthat kept the shoulder belt latch from making a noise on the sides of the seat. Also I have looked ag other trucks no difference seen or felt in the back rest section tightness. I will stay subscribed to this. I hate rattles,squeeks period!

#9 ·
Im pretty positive its the back portion because i can hit it from the side and it'll squeak.. Pisses me off.. I live on a dirt road and it sounds like a dog with a rubber toy in fast forward..

#11 ·
Im pretty sure its not the load rack.. I have grabbed and tried to rattle it, no luck, i can turn my hand back there drivin down the road and put a slight amount of pressure on my back seat (actual seat part) and itll stop

#12 ·
Do you guys have the rubber pads the seat sits on when its down? They are on the seat supports

#15 ·
Can you post a picture on this, so we can sure?

#13 ·
Yep mine squeaks to and it is annoying as he'll. Tried lots of stuff to stop it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.