Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Recent Injector testing

5K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  PSDPlayer 
#1 ·
There's been a lot of talk about injectors in the 6.0L lately. We receive a lot of emails and calls from customers hesitant to install upgraded injectors.

Through the years we've sold injectors from various builders(Elite, Casserly, Industrial Injection, Hypermax, Swamps, RCD, etc), and actually still do. I've had no issues with any of them. In the past couple years, we've been able to have the injectors we sell completely tested and flowed before we send them to a customer. This is not to take away from the injector builder, but to assist us with the tuning. We are fortunate to have a local injector shop that can give us the data we need.

Depending on the price and size of the injectors, or the customers requirements, we either resell them from a vendor or have them built at a local injector shop. One requirement that we have, which also increases the price of our injectors slightly, is they must start with a fully rebuilt/reman set of cores. No modifying customer returned cores, they must be completely tested and rebuilt.

Recently, I was really impressed with a set of "hybrid" injectors that Josh at RCD sent us to test a few months back. We will offer them as an option for race injectors.

I installed the injectors in 2 different trucks for testing so far. The first truck was a full race truck. The truck started and ran flawlessly. It ran smoother and fueled heavy. It held great pressure throughout the RPM on a stock pump. The next truck was a local truck with our Twin Turbo Kit. We had a Silver64 over an S480 from Industrial. With a set of conventional 225's, the truck made 617rwhp. With the RCD Hybrids, the truck made 678rwhp. I haven't dyno'd these injectors in our race truck yet, but eventually will. I want to compare them with conventional 285cc injectors, Hypermax Hybrids, and another set of hybrids that are being sent by Industrial Injection.

There are a lot of options for injectors out there and we keep an open mind and tune for all of them. Gaining this knowledge, helps in the tuning process and recommendations to our customers.

Injectors are definitely a tough business, especially in the 6.0L trucks. There are a lot of reasons they can fail. With a good quality build and thorough testing, we can take the scare out of upgrading injectors in the 6.0L. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
Can't wait to test mine. :D

#8 ·
A year ago I would've said no, they ar race only. There were issues with fuel in the oil. I've tested a few different sets in my race truck this past year and haven't had any issues. With some internal changes, hybrids are now holding up to the test. I have two oil changes on a set of hybrids in a truck with no issues, so that equates to about 10k miles or so.

Hybrids are built to maintain high pressure oil, even with large flow rates. It's all internal changes to the injector.

I'm sure Josh went over these injectors very well and they started life as new injectors. I honestly didn't start this thread to discuss any particular companies injectors, but I did want to give honest feedback and credit where it was due. Like I mentioned, I've tuned just about everyone's injectors that I can think of and personally don't have any issues with any of them.

#6 ·
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the injectors you received from Josh were gone over with a fine tooth comb before Big Brown delivered them to your doorstep. And I'll also bet the injectors you received were built from new remans.

#14 ·
The next truck was a local truck with our Twin Turbo Kit. We had a Silver64 over an S480 from Industrial. With a set of conventional 225's, the truck made 617rwhp. With the RCD Hybrids, the truck made 678rwhp. :D
I'm guessing this was done on Nates truck? So the 678hp was done on 225 hybrid's? I have casserly 190's...there wouldn't be any point to have 190 hybrids would there? I don't know anything about injectors, so sorry if that sounds like a stupid question. I've only heard the term hybrid when it's dealing with a LARGE injector...so i was just wondering if there was a point/benefit to make a smaller injector into a hybrid.

#15 ·
you can have a hybrid that uses the amount of oil of a 190 but flows more fuel. thats why hybrids are made. i honestly wouldnt recommend daily driving with hybrids but i know less than eric about this subject. i have street driven with hybrids and its cool but like ive said before the only ones ive seen dont always run smoothly. when i had a 62/70 over an s474 i did 632 with 205s and 638 with 285cc hybrids which flow 300. with the same injectors i put down my last number too though lol.

#30 ·
Ok, this went downhill fast. Let's please keep the thread on track.

The purpose was to agree with Doug on some injector observations and also some feedback on a new style of injectors we tested. With good quality parts and good testing, we can make big power with great drivability in these trucks. We've done it time and time again, so the proof is there. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.