Question 04 Excursion 6.0 Heater Hose Leaking - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:26 PM
deisel 04 X
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Question 04 Excursion 6.0 Heater Hose Leaking

ROUND 3....For months I thought the small "orange hose" on the left side of my 04 6.0 Excursion was SLOWLY leaking. And all the threads pointed to that! After purchasing a replacement (Blue hose) and watching the orange one MORE closely I realized no leak from that area. BUT still a puddle under the passenger seat on the ground and continuous coolant dripping on the starter!! Over the past month the situation has gotten worse, add coolant get a big puddle........

WALA this AM my dog and I go for a ride using high heat on when we stop I look under the hood and finally see the little DRIP!!!! CAUGHT IT IN THE ACT*%*%*%*% Looks like it's coming from the heater hose at the Y connection and dripping on the valve cover and running down the back of the engine onto the starter. All this makes sense NOW:)

Looks like the heater hose has a metal clamp connecting to the control valve and "thick black rings" farther up the hose toward the fire wall AND THAT IS WHERE THE LEAK IS. At the Y in the heater hose next to the fire wall. Looks like a molded hose up to and above the Y???

Can anyone point me to pictures or web posting showing how the replace this hose assembly? OR is it OK to just use metal clamps to see if that fixes it???

Thanks Diesel Buddies

PS.....I stopped by Rudy's the other day to meet and talk with him. Great guy very up front and he will be doing some delete work for me soon.
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Zmann
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: Question 04 Excursion 6.0 Heater Hose Leaking

are you refering to the heater control valve? and yes reg worm drive clamps are fine anywhere a spring clamp is used

O6 King Ranch cc sb 8 inch lift ,37 Toyo's,Helo’s Edge Insight CTS guage only , Auber EGT , o8 center console , xm satellite ,coolant filter,RSX 9000 shocks,dual TGC dual steering stabilizers ,Viper , remote toolbox popper, High Idle mod , $ link Rize , ARP's, BPD EGR cooler, Fabtech traction bars, Tony's tune
Old 02-12-2011, 07:51 PM
deisel 04 X
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Hi Zmann,
Thanks for the response!

Yes I think it's called a heater control valve. It's sets on the top passenger side of the engine. Coming off the valve toward the fire wall is a 90% heater hose that goes into a Y. The 3 connections for the Y all have black plastic "bands" around them. Looks like that is a molded hose? Coming off the Y, one hose feeds through the fire wall and the heater core? The other outlet runs down the passenger fire wall under the truck to a metal line with a pressed metal fitting. Looks like leak is in the Y for sure....

Any thoughts?????
Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 AM
deisel 04 X
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Project up date: Ford is saying the entire hose assembly is required @ $118.00!! I have found a plastic barbed Y fitting that MAY work for $7.50. I'll keep you posted. The factory Y fitting just past the heater control valve is where the problem is for sure. TKS Zman for the input.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:25 AM
deisel 04 X
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

4th update: Ford wants $189.00 for the hose and I'm wondering does anyone know how much it should cost to install one? Ford # KH229. Looks like it connects into the heater core at the fire wall and the tube that services the rear (aux.) heater.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 31
2 Stroker, 2006.1f250, bad moose, BigRedTruck, bustednuckles, coysdieselspecialties, deisel 04 X, dirtracer27x, Fasttimez, fordman62, hawgdoctor, hill_billiez, Jeremy, jg6.0, ktmrydr686, lubeowner, matts05f250sd, NYC F-350, pjerrn, PowerSub, RazorsEDGE, Rubicon25, savn47, SINNER, sloburban, spindrift, Steve'O, TAMU_PSD, Tj561CO, total chaos, Zmann