Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

This chip!

4K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  bad12jr 
#1 ·
I plug this in and get more power right?!?

#6 ·
That chip only works when you hit 88, then all hell breaks loose!

#9 ·
Yeah but where will he get the 1.21 jiggawatts to power it????

#14 ·
Well there is more to it than just plugging it in. You have to prep the surface of the board to accept the chip and make sure the keys are out of the ignition and the batteries are disconnected first. To answer your question though yes.

#16 ·
You pull the pcm out of the truck and pull the black plug off the back end of the pcm. You will see the terminals to clean. Taking your time you clean off the protective film from the terminals. Be very careful not to go too deep. You just want to see shiny silver. If you see copper color you went too far. Once you have the terminals clean, install the chip, then use a piece of duct tape to secure it so it doesn't come loose. Then reinstall the pcm in the truck, reconnect the harness and then the batteries. Enjoy.

#17 ·
And you better call Jody and see if he will burn just one tune. I am sure it will cost you at least 300.

I cant remember if you were told or not but the most you can get out of a 1st gen PSD with a chip and stock injectors is 75hp and that is with exhaust and air intake

#24 ·
:whs::whs: Take the advice and get the gauges first or you will most likely be sorry when you have no truck to drive. I guess you could always use the chip to hold down papers or something though.

#25 ·
I have gauges, just havent installed them yet, they are next, then the chip, then if my EGTs are hard to control i will do the downpipe, then i will call it good, cause im sure it will have enough power for me then

#29 ·
If you remember I have done everything to a factory turbo IDI without custom work to the pump/ injectors and my stroke will walk rings around it. So a chip, straight pipe and the intake I think you will be happy. Play with the IDI and keep the stroke reliable. Your probaly not gonna get it hot enough to hurt anything with stock injectors but definantly install the gauges.

#32 ·
where's your pyro? Even before the chip and injectors, with just a dp and straight pipe, I was able to hit 1300 pretty easy.

#33 ·

Definetely get the CRAP factory crushed downpipe out of there, it's a CHEAP and very effective mod...
If you do a chip, I would definetely get gauges for safety first.

Check out the DIY IDM mod too if you're decent with a soldering iron...

#35 ·
:whs:

I also could easily exceed 1300f with the chip on stock injectors if I worked it good.

#36 ·
It is in the drivers manifold. I have 1600 deg autometer gauge. And when I dynoed it made 265 to the wheels. So I have about all I can get with stock sticks. And I drive it hard. Idk why it runs so cool but it does.

#40 ·
It reads 500 to 600 cruising. I don't think its wrong. Why would it read right cruising down the road and not in the throttle.

#43 ·
I agree that does seem high at idle. Your not supposed to shut the truck off unless its a little below 400. I think your alls gauges are reading high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.